Finding the ideal foundation for your skin is not an easy task. If you are a makeup enthusiast you will know just applying concealer and blush on their own will not give you the finish you need. Applying a foundation is must even if you go for a light coverage foundation.
Before you reach the ideal foundation, you will have to test and try many makeup products from different brands. Some will work for you but some will not, this does not mean you will not get the best foundation for your skin type.
We have done our research to present you top 10 liquid foundations currently available.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Liquid Foundation Reviews
- 1. L’oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Foundation Makeup
- 2. Revlon Colorstay Liquid Makeup
- 3. Bareminerals Pure Serum Foundation
- 4. Maybelline Liquid Mousse Foundation
- 5. E.L.F. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation Coco
- 6. L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation
- 7. Covergirl + Olay Liquid Foundation
- 8. Dermablend Flawless Creator Liquid Foundation
- 9. Smashbox Studio Skin Hydrating Foundation
- 10. Covergirl Clean Matte Liquid Foundation
- Features to Look For When Buying Liquid Foundation
- 6 FAQs about Liquid Foundation
- Choose the Best Liquid Foundation for Yourself
10 Best Liquid Foundation Reviews
[amazon box=”B001126Y1K” template=”vertical”]
This product by L’Oreal Paris comes with a patented technology that works for all kinds of skins. The highly blendable consistency of the liquid foundation makes it ideal for all kinds of skin types whether oily or dry. It comes in multiple shapes that work for cool, neutral and warm undertones.
The high blending ability of this foundation is the best part. It does not look caked on your skin and does not give it a dry or powdery look. The foundation completely blends in your skin and gives it a natural look.
This foundation is a water-based product that contains all the high-end ingredients. The included glycerin also helps in moisturization of the skin. The formula is made in a way that all the pore clogging and acne-causing ingredients are removed. It is also loaded with vitamins and fruit extracts for the nourishment of your skin.
This foundation was made by keeping every skin tone in mind which is why it is available for all the undertones that are cool, neutral and warm, as well as for all the skin tones of different undertones. There are about 7 shades for every undertone which means overall they come in 21 different shades.
- Gives your skin a natural look.
- All the ingredients used are high quality and also nourish your skin.
- The foundation coordinates perfectly with your entire make i.e. blush, concealer etc.
- It is ideal for all skin types.
- It gives a slightly wet feeling after applying.
This foundation is ideal for people who are looking for a high quality foundation at a low price. The ingredients used and the coverage provided is more than enough for the given price.
[amazon box=”B0039UTUZ4″ template=”vertical”]
This foundation by Revlon is specifically made for skins that are either oily or have a combination skin. It is the number one selling foundation for oily skin that is not only long lasting but also gives a full coverage. Apart from this, it also provides protection against the sun.
This full coverage foundation gives a matte look and lasts for as long as 24 hours. It is ideal for an all-day wear due to the long-lasting formula added to it.
This foundation is made for people with oily skin. Its lightweight formula feels extremely comfortable and controls the production of the oil. Due to the oil control, it also prevents the shiny look that comes from excess oil production on the face.
The formula is completely oil free and is also equipped with SPF 15 which is why it not only prevents the clogging of pores but also protects your skin from the harmful UV rays. This way the collagen of your skin stays intact.
- It comes with a pump that prevents foundation mess.
- The oil control formula makes it ideal for people with oily skin.
- The salicylic acid balances the pH of skin over time.
- Comes in 22 different shades.
- People will pale skin find the foundation too orange.
The long-lasting formula of this foundation is perfect for people who have an oily skin as this foundation prevents the formation of oil as well as the clogging of pores.
[amazon box=”B00JVVQSFA” template=”vertical”]
This foundation is famous for its no makeup natural look. It gives a light to full coverage for all skin types and is proven for its medical benefits. It not only improves your skin tone and texture but also decreases the intensity of dark spots present on your skin over time.
This mineral foundation by bareSkin is a powerful foundation due to the ingredients used in it. It is loaded with vitamins like vitamin A and Vitamin C. The lilac stem cells are also added to it which act as an antioxidant for the skin.
This foundation gives a natural glow to your skin by not only giving you a full coverage but also working on the overall health of the skin. It is clinically proven that the natural ingredients used in this foundation provide anti-aging qualities, removes dark spots and also improves the tone of the skin.
The foundation is equipped with SPF 20 that is not a chemical based sun protection. It is dermatologist tested and the formula is also non-comedogenic.
- The texture of the foundation is very light and comfortable.
- It is dermatologist approved foundation for the betterment of your skin.
- It helps in getting rid of dark spots.
- The sunblock present also helps in the betterment of skin tone.
- The coverage is light for some people.
This foundation is perfect for people who don’t want a full coverage rather want a glowy look with a product that improves the overall health of their skin.
[amazon box=”B001Q89YTI” template=”vertical”]
Maybelline is a well-known makeup company and this mousse foundation released by Maybelline is an answer to your prayers. The ideal coverage and high quality ingredients provided by this foundation are nothing like other foundations.
This foundation provides a full coverage look. It can cover all your acne spots, melasma, dark spots etc. without looking a little bit cakey. Since its release, the coverage quality has been the talk of the market.
The ingredients used in this foundation are not oil or grease based which is why it does not clog your pores rather lets them breathe. This also prevents acne.
This foundation is ideal for all skin types. It is dermatologically tested and is also considered ideal for sensitive skin.
- Allergy tested which is why it does not cause any kind of allergic reactions.
- It provides full coverage.
- Ideal for all skin types.
- Gives a flawless and poreless look.
- It has an orange hue to it.
If you want a full coverage foundation that gives you a flawless look than this foundation is the one for you. It is clinically tested and approved as well.
[amazon box=”B006WRKGJA” template=”vertical”]
This highly reasonable yet good quality foundation can be your go-to foundation. It provides a flawless look with a medium coverage. Its lightweight formula gives you a very light feel rather than a heavy cake-like feeling.
It gives a medium coverage but still gives a finish of full coverage foundation due to its blending ability. The foundation is lightweight which is why it does not blotch on your face and gives it a flawless look.
The foundation is equipped with SPF 15. It prevents your skin from UV rays which prevent dark spots and melasma.
The foundation is completely oil free but at the same time ideal for all skin types as its application is very easy and it keeps intact throughout the day.
- The foundation is non-comedogenic.
- It provides a flawless look.
- The sun protection available protects you from environmental hazards,
- Loaded with vitamins.
- It is not for people with sensitive skin.
If you want a highly reasonable bit good coverage foundation that also stays for longer then this foundation is the one for you.
[amazon box=”B01MF71U77″ template=”vertical”]
This foundation by L.A. Girl that gives you a full coverage and a glowy flawless look, apart from this it is also long lasting and feels very comfortable even if you wear it all day long.
Even though the formula of this foundation is runny it is very much pigmented and gives you a high coverage. The finish that it gives is illuminating and gives a poreless look.
Unfortunately, the shades of this foundation are not very vast and they only come in a warm undertone which is why almost all of their shades have a very yellow tinge.
It has a silk-like feel to it and blends very easily. The viscosity of the foundation is not much which is why its application is quite easy.
- It has a full coverage.
- The open pores are completely hidden after application.
- The pigmentation is very high.
- Its shades are very limited.
Even though the shades are limited but still if you find your shade then this foundation is ideal for the given price. It gives your skin a glowy an illuminated finish.
[amazon box=”B01ACPW1SG” template=”vertical”]
When looking for a good drugstore foundation, it usually becomes a very difficult task. Some of these foundations are either cakey or lack proper coverage with limited shades. To solve all such problems Covergirl partnered with Olay to release their simply ageless 3-in-1 liquid foundation.
The foundation comes in a handy small bottle having a purple cap with the shade of the foundation visible. The foundation works to hydrate the skin along with coverage of wrinkles. It also evens out the skin tone without any patchy appearance.
The quality and the quantity is really good along with the price for it to be considered with other best liquid foundation. The foundation can be applied with the help of a brush and provides medium to heavy coverage. The texture of the foundation is creamy and it glides very smoothly.
- Easy to blend and very forgiving.
- Gives a satin finish instead of a cardboard matte finish or dewy like a deep fryer finish.
- Coverage is medium to high and works well to cover non-major skin problems such as redness.
- Gives a timely lasting finish with or without the primer without turning patch or shiny.
- It comes with 12 shades and the price is also pretty good.
- It can clog pores.
- It looks cakey for combination skin.
- Color selection needs improvement.
This foundation can be called out as one of those foundations that do not necessarily get all the love but neither the hate. This can be considered as a step up foundation in the line of other drugstore foundations.
[amazon box=”B072R3QN8S” template=”vertical”]
This is Dermablend’s best liquid foundation in the lightweight foundation’s category. This foundation is weightless having 33% of concentrated pigments. The coverage is also customizable and anyone can wear it however they like.
The foundation has a buildable and blendable texture as it is water and oil free. A little bit of this foundation can go a long way. It can be used according to individual’s preference by mixing with any skincare product.
For minimum coverage usually, one drop is enough whereas for maximum coverage up to 4 drops usually work. It provides a natural look without getting cakey even after good 16 hours.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- The shades are fade proof, transfer resistant and do not smudge.
- The pigments in the foundation are weightlessly providing a customizable coverage with a silky texture.
- It is based on a vegan formula and does not have any animal derived ingredients in it.
- It requires touching up within a few hours.
- It does not provide a full or matte coverage.
- Over dry skin, it fails to cover the under eye area.
This is a versatile and an interesting product itself. It is perfect for the mid-winter skin. It comes in a small bottle with a dropper. It has been suggested to use this foundation along with another serum or moisturizer to get a customizable coverage.
[amazon box=”B007SZ0AZU” template=”vertical”]
Another one in the race for the best liquid foundation is the Smashbox’s studio skin hydrating foundation. Smashbox is known to work with the global makeup artists throughout the world for the making of this foundation that can ensure to work well for all skin tones.
They also have a lighting lab where the foundation was tested and it looked good in every light. The formula of this foundation is based on the phenomenon of skin hydration; being oil-free it gives a flawless look for up to good 16 hours.
The formulation of this foundation does not include parabens and phthalates giving it a beautiful dewy finish with a buildable coverage.
- The foundation has a full to medium coverage with a matte finish.
- It is lightweight and comfortable being exercise and sweat resistant.
- It works for all the skin types and it is transfer proof.
- Stays for a good amount of time without any touch-ups.
- With light diffusing spheres it can blur out imperfections.
- This foundation is known to be guilt free as it vegan.
- With its long-lasting quality, it can sometimes dry out the skin.
- Works well with the primer.
This foundation works suitably well for oily skin as it has the tendency to suck up the excess oil from the skin. According to most people, this foundation functions better with a primer on. The primer gets it to blend really well in the skin with a smooth and flawless customizable coverage.
[amazon box=”B003FBMHM0″ template=”vertical”]
This clean matte liquid foundation by CoverGirl is from the oil-free collection that helps to control the unwanted shiny appearance and gives a matte finish.
This is made of the combination of silicone and water that makes it glide smoothly on the skin, without getting cakey or with a heavy feel. It is available in all the good shades from ivory to tawny, a total of 12 shades.
- Being unscented and oil free it is well suited for oily skin.
- This foundation is for longer wear and it covers up breakout and blemishes.
- This works well for oily skins as it removes oil and makes the skin fresh and amazing for as long as it is on.
- This foundation needs proper blending with a wet sponge so that it does not feel heavy on the skin.
- By the end of time, it gets a little smudgy and greasy
Covergirl’s clean matte liquid foundation is for sure a win as best liquid foundation. It does an amazing job covering up acne, pimples, and scars. Also being a drugstore foundation, it is an affordable foundation.
Features to Look For When Buying Liquid Foundation
Some things that you have to make sure of before buying a foundation for yourself are:
Many women neglect this part of buying a foundation. The thing that they don’t understand is that your foundation’s finish and the final look is 100 percent dependent on this part. You can find your undertone by looking at your veins. If they appear olive green or green then you have a cool undertone.
If they are somewhere between light blue and dark blue then you have a neutral undertone. Purplish veins mean a warm undertone.
The spots and tone differences of your skin decide this part of buying a foundation. If you have many spots and freckles then going for a full coverage foundation is what you should invest in. If you have a clear skin but just want an illuminated finish for your skin you can easily go for a light coverage foundation.
Also while looking for the right coverage make sure you buy a long-lasting and non-transferable foundation.
Always buy a foundation that is specifically for your skin type. If you have an oily skin and you buy a foundation for dry skin your skin might start breaking out and the finish will not be what you want it to be. Your skin will look oily and shiny at all times. So always invest in a foundation that is according to your skin type. The video shows how to pick the right foundation.
6 FAQs about Liquid Foundation
- How can I determine the shade of my foundation?
If you have never bought a foundation before it is better you buy one from a store rather than ordering online. Swatch the tester on your jawline or upper neck and see if the shade matches, it should neither be lighter than your skin nor darker.
- Why is undertone important?
The cool undertone is peach based and the warm undertone is yellow based. If you are cool toned and you buy a foundation that has a yellow tinge you will start looking orange which will not give you the flawless look and your face will look different than your neck.
- What should I do with a foundation I bought that is not my shade?
To prevent mishaps of this kind and wastage of money always buy from stores that have liberal refund policies. Some foundations are reasonable in price but most are quite expensive.in order to save your money buy from stores that accept refunds but still if you cannot refund the foundation, you got, if it is darker you can use it for contouring and if it is lighter you can use it as a concealer.
- What should I do if I don’t find my shade?
You can always customize your own shade by buying two or three different foundations and then combining them to make your own shade. If you are lighter than a dark shade and darker than the light shade, you can combine both to make a customized foundation for yourself.
- What qualities should I look for in a foundation?
You should look for a foundation that is specifically for your skin type. Apart from that, it should be non-non-comedogenic and also dermatologically tested. Sun protection is always a plus point and is also recommended.
- Is liquid foundation better than stick foundation?
Yes, liquid foundation is better as it blends easily and gives you an illuminated look rather than a cakey look. Stick foundations are hard to blend and not very comfortable to wear.
Choose the Best Liquid Foundation for Yourself
In this article, all the basics of finding the best foundation for yourself are combined to make things easy for you. Since finding a correct foundation is not easy and might turn out to be tedious, we have listed down some of the best and reasonable foundations for all kinds of skin tone.
The mineral foundations present on the market are always the best choice as apart from giving you a glowy look they also work for the betterment of your skin and give you a naturally glowing skin.
◎ Related Topics: