Nothing says ‘I Love You’ as explicitly as a delicious home-made meal that keeps romance in mind on Valentine’s night. These recipes will make your dinner more sensual and way less expensive. Furthermore, what beats the comfort of your home or a cooking adventure out in the woods?
For these meals, more than two is a crowd, but if you would like to include family and friends, adjust the ingredients accordingly.
Table of Contents
Valentine’s Day Dinner Romantic Ideas
1. Lamb Chops With Pomegranate
Pomegranates are not only delicious but also, are loaded with antioxidants, micronutrients and anti-inflammatory properties. The sexy side of the pomegranate has made a lasting impression as a sensual symbol. In fact, Greek mythology has it that the forbidden fruit in the Bible was not the apple but pomegranate.
In this meal, pomegranate sauce and a garnish of seeds is a compliment to bursty and crunchy lamb chops.
4 tenderloin lamb chops cut into 2.5 inches cubes
2 fresh (red, firm and shiny) pomegranates
1 teaspoon of sugar
Fresh mint for garnishing
4 tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil
1 tablespoon of ground fennel seeds (for fragrant oils)
Salt and pepper
- Season the lamb chops with salt, pepper (optional) and fennel powder. Allow it to rest at room temperature for half an hour.
- For the pomegranate;
- Deseed the two of them
- Put aside a quarter of a cup for garnishing
- For the rest, blend then sieve with a fine mesh
- In a pan, bring the juice to simmer until it is reduced to half of its initial volume
- Allow to cool (but to warm temperature) then whisk cooking oil and sugar
- Spray some oil on your grill pan or heavy skillet and put on medium heat until it begins to smoke
- Add the chops and cook for three minutes on each side. Then allow it to rest for about ten minutes.
- Sprinkle the chops with the pomegranate seeds and simmered juice that you set aside
- Finalize with the fresh mint
- Serve when warm
2. Baked Lobster
A nicely baked lobster sits at the apex of every Valentine’s gourmet. It exudes class and elegance. Roasting or baking prevents extraction of nutrients as compared to boiling as it keeps all the flavors intact.
The secret to an unforgettable lobster meal is choosing a fresh (preferably live) lobster and cooking it right away. However, if time is a limiting factor, you may buy a live one, cover it with a wet newspaper then store it in the fridge. It will hold up alive for the next 24 hours.
½ medium-sized lemon
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons cheese
3 tablespoons melted butter
- To begin with, dispatch the lobster humanely
- Remove the clear outer shell
- Preheat oven to 3500F
- Mix garlic, Italian seasoning, melted butter and salt in one bowl
- Brush the lobster with the mixture
- Place directly on the grill pan or place on a baking sheet then bake for about 12 to 15 minutes
- Squeeze some lemon juice (optional)
- Serve with a sauce of your choice
- As for the claws, you can eat them hot or chill them for a later date
3. Chicken Parmesan
If you must celebrate valentine’s dinner with your family and not just the two of you, then this chicken parmesan is one sure way of appealing every member or friend. It is full of flavor, satisfying and takes only minutes to prepare.
2 beaten eggs
¾ cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup butter
2 cups red pasta sauce
Salt and pepper
- Put the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper in a small dish
- Dip the chicken breasts in the beaten eggs one by one. Be sure to coat all the sides.
- Next, coat with the breadcrumb mixture
- Either fry in butter in a hot skillet until brown or place on an aluminum baking foil then baking dish and bake for half an hour at 4250
- Sprinkle your grated cheese on top of the chicken then bake further for 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Warm the red sauce
- Then place the chicken on top of cooked pasta and serve
4. Vegan Fried Mushrooms
This recipe is light yet so satisfying and has bags of flavor. Mushrooms have a soft meaty texture that can be transformed into a crispy delicacy by varying your cooking method.
- 2 cups of mushroom slices
- ½ cup cashew milk
- 1/2 medium-sized lemon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper (optional)
For the dipping
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ½ medium sized lemon
- ½ cup of cashew nuts (optional)
- Fresh parsley cut into one-inch sizes
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the cashews with some cashew milk then set aside to soak.
- In a cup, mix cashew milk with lemon and stir
- Whisk flour, salt, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Then add the cashew milk and lemon mixture to the bowl. Mix again till you achieve a thick, pourable and smooth consistency.
- Dip the mushroom slices in the mixture then coat with breadcrumbs, one by one.
- Spray oil on your skillet then heat but not to the point of smoking
- Fry the mushroom pieces in batches until crispy. Place o paper towels then sprinkle with salt to taste.
- For the dip
- Take the soaked cashews together with the milk and remaining dipping sauce then blend to a thick consistency
- Serve the hot mushrooms with the dipping sauce.
5.Wine-braised Beef Shanks
This meal may take a long time to prepare, but what can’t you do for love? The aroma and lusciousness are all worth the time.
You will need;
Salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
4 tablespoons of cooking oil of your choice
2 large diced onions
4 medium-sized carrots, chopped
5 cloves crushed garlic
2 bay leaves
Chicken or beef stock
- Season the beef shanks with salt and pepper. Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 3000
- In a non-stick heavy roasting pan, bake the shanks for about 5 minutes on each side
- Transfer to a platter
- On medium-high heat setting, add onions, carrots, and garlic. Stir as it cooks for about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer for 20 minutes or until the alcohol smell is cooked off. Then add the bay leaves.
- Submerge the beef shanks in the mixture, cover with a baking foil and transfer to the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- For the thick paste that is left after coating the shanks, you will use it to make the sauce. Remove the bay leaves, add stock then blend. Add some soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Sprinkle some parsley at the top for an appealing presentation.
- Serve the shanks with the sauce.
We hope that you and your loved one(s) enjoy the meals. Happy Valentine’s Day.