Before anyone goes through a diet, there are common questions that arise and getting the answer to some common questions can help a person on how to prepare and how to succeed in a certain diet plan.
GM diet for vegetarians is an adjustment on the diet program that was made for GM employees who are not vegetarians in 1990s. This diet is known as hard to follow for some. The vegetarian version is just close to the usual one, though it is much difficult, since you have to give up some common foods. The original GM diet program on the other hand is not meant for vegetarians, so people are still allowed to eat meat on a particular day. Before going through a well-planned GM diet program, there are just some basic things you should know before you start. Meanwhile, there are some FAQs about the GM diet.
Table of Contents
- It is just fine to drink herbal teas, but you are not allowed to put some sugar in it. Stevia is the only sweetener allowed. Coffee is not recommended for GM dieters, but if you cannot resist, you can have it with stevia too.
- When can dieters eat the wonder soup?
- Dieters can have the wonder soup on day 7 when hunger arises. You will never get hungry with this type of diet; in fact, a lot of people say that they feel much better when taking the soup.
- Is alcohol allowed?
- No alcohol is allowed during the GM diet, since it doesn’t contain any health value.
- Can a GM dieter eat at restaurants or can they eat processed foods?
- No, restaurant foods usually contain lots of fats, while processed foods contain a lot of toxins that may be harmful to the body and may interfere with the diet program. Toxic chemicals on foods like bread, meat and others are strictly prohibited.
- How many bananas are allowed on the 4th day of the diet program?
- 6 bananas are allowed. This is the authentic GM diet program.
- Is buttermilk allowed instead of milk?
- Yes, yogurt or buttermilk is allowed as long as you will not put sugar in them.
- Is wheat bread or cereal allowed during the program?
- No, GM diet is a gluten free diet so wheat bread is not allowed. It is genetically modified and it has been processed too. It can lead to weight gain and several health problems. If you will have lots of wheat intake, you cannot maintain your weight after finishing the diet program.
- Is lemon water allowed in the morning? Is honey allowed too?
- No, honey is not allowed in the water. Do you know that there is nothing healthier than regular water? Filling the water with honey is just like filling the water with sugar. You can have lemon water as you like; it is not bad for you.
- What can I do if I’m a vegetarian and I do not want to eat meat?
- There are other plans for vegetarians these days, you just have to remember that every time you change meat, you have to be sure that you also have a small amount of good fat too in your dish. Incorporating olive oil, butter, ghee or coco oil can also help. Curd meat is also a good source of good fat too.
- Am I allowed to use salt, pepper and other spices?
- Yes, you are allowed to have the normal amount of salt in your food. Just make sure you drink sufficient amount of water.
The Basics of GM Diet
Do not take any alcoholic beverages while you are engaged in GM diet. There should be at least eight to ten glasses of water daily to keep you hydrated. You can do this diet often, but you are advised to take a break from it even after a week. Dieters are not allowed to drink fruit juices due to high sugar content, except for the day that you are allowed. Engaging in strenuous activity is a big no. this is because you are into low calorie diet and there is no enough amount of energy to sustain the workout. A simple yoga and breathing exercises will do for now.
- 1st day: You will be allowed to eat fruits only, but bananas are not included in the list. There is no restriction to the number of fruits you can eat. More watermelon is suggested, since this is rich in water that you need to start off the diet program.
- 2nd day: You can have two to three potatoes for the entire day. On this day, you are only allowed to eat veggies and fruits are prohibited. You can eat as much veggies as you want and you have a choice to boil them, eat them raw or bake them.
- 3rd day: You are allowed to eat veggies and fruits on the 3rd day. You have a choice, but bananas & potatoes are still not included in the meal plan for this day. At the end of the day, you will see that you have lost around 2kgs if you will not cheat.
- 4rth day: Day 4 is all about banana and milk; you can have at least 6pieces of bananas for the whole day and 3 glasses of milk too. Every time you feel hungry, you can have the wonder soup to ease your hunger.
- 5th day: Day 5 includes a cup of brown rice and six pieces of tomatoes. You can just have the soup with tomatoes if you do not want to eat brown rice yet. You can also have your choice of veggie soup, but keep in mind that more water is needed on day 5 to clean the system of the uric acid you will gain within the day.
- 6th day: Brown rice and veggies are for day 6. A cup of rice with veggies is all you need today. When you add veggies to the rice, you can come up with veggies Pulao; just don’t add masala to it.
- 7th day: This day is also known as the feast day, since you are down to the last and final day of the program. You can have a cup of brown rice with veggies and fruits for snacks.