After you have chosen the perfect gift, cake or card, you will need a message to add a personal touch and to get that sparkle in his eye. Using the statement “Happy Father’s Day” alone is not just enough to melt the heart, and that’s why you will need more than one sentence. You will, therefore, need to weave words and thoughts to come up with an adorable message.
Finding the right words may be a bit tricky. To get you started, we have a collection of quotes from notable authors, writers, poets, celebrities, sons, daughters, mums and dads from all over the world.
1. “Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that is why I call you dad- you are so special to me. I may not say it all the time, but you’re the greatest dad I could have wished for. Happy Father’s Day!” By Anthony Boggs, an American former professional baseball player who spent 18 years of his career with the Boston Red Sox and playing for the New York Yankees.
2. “Dad, for all those times I left it unsaid- Thank you. Thanks for being there for me, for showing me the way, for being patient with me even when I made it difficult for you, for having my back when my hands were clenched, for believing in me and encouraging me to dream and being such an inspiring presence in my life.” Unknown author
3. From a daughter to a father, “The happiness in our father-daughter bond is a special type of wealth. The more we use it, the more it grows. Dad, on this Father’s Day I would like you to know that that bond is an incredibly special one. I love you Dad.”
4. “A father is always making his baby girl into a little woman, and when she is a woman, he turns her back again. But dad, no matter how old I grow, I will always be your little girl, and though I may find a prince, you will always be my King. Happy Father’s Day.” Enid Algerine Bagnold a British author and playwright, known for her National Velvet story.
5. “Against all philosophies, sciences, counsels, logic, reasoning and self-motivation books, is that one smile from you dad that fills me with such energy to make me feel that I can do everything possible and impossible. Happy Father’s Day to a Wonderful Dad!” Author unknown
6. From a son to a dad, “One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, while one of the biggest titles is to have someone to call dad. You are that special person, Happy Father’s Day, Dad.”
7. They say that I look more of you. We fixed a pipe or two, we built the fence and rode our bikes. You still shout to cheer each time I hit a strike. You are the coolest dad in this whole wide world! Happy Father’s Day Dad.” Son to Dad
8. If you are sending the message or gift because you are far away from each other for any reason, consider this quote “I may not get to feel your warm hug or hear your loud laughter. I may not be able to hand this personally to you, but deep inside my heart, I want to say I love you. I really do. I also miss you so much. Happy Father’s Day from a thousand miles apart.”
9. To pass a message to the man of your heart and the father of your children- “You are so full of compassion, love, and strength. When we need a strong hand of support in our family, you are always there. I love you for being who you are and for all that you do. Happy Father’s Day to a wonderful husband and father!”
10. “Your love as a father shows through in your every interaction with our children. I’ve watched you, and I can see that you love those children more than you could ever show them. You’re a fabulous father, and I love you for being you! Happy Father’s Day to you, my Amazing Husband!” Dearest wife
For the dads who are resting in peace
If your dad is deceased, you can honor him by visiting his gravesite or the specific spot where his cremated remains were placed, with a special bouquet of flowers and these moving messages.
11. “Dad, wherever you are, you are gone, but you will never be forgotten. May you know how much I love you, though I am here and you are there. Happy Father’s Day in Heaven to the best dad.”Ron Tranmer, a poet.
12. “Dad, you were a man like no other. You gave me a life, nurtured me, taught me, dressed me, fought for me, dressed me, shouted at me, kissed me, but most importantly, you loved me unconditionally. There are not enough words that I can use to describe just how important you were and still are to me, and what a powerful influence you continue to be. On this Father’s Day, I would like to say that I LOVE YOU.”
13. “Dad, I wasn’t ever ready to say goodbye to you. I remember you every day, and it is not easy. Missing you is like a heartache that never goes away, but I don’t want ever to forget you. Along with the great sadness that comes from missing you lives a universe of gratitude for having shared love with you. I’m honored to be able to miss you and to say to you Happy Father’s Day in heaven.” Scott Stabile.
Finally, we hope that our quotes will inspire you to write a thought-provoking and warm message that best expresses your love and gratitude for the person that guided you through your first bicycle ride, helped you with class projects and pushed you to chase your dreams. Remember, that these messages are not only meant for biological fathers but all father-figures. Happy Father’s Day.