What are spiralizers and why do you need to look out for and purchase the best spiralizer that’s available?
The spiralizer is a kitchen appliance that cuts fresh vegetables, roots and fruits into the shape of noodles. Its end product is often referred to as faux-noodles, zoodles, veggie noodles and a host of other funny names.
Veggie noodles are great gluten- free, low carb alternatives to pasta. With the best vegetable spiralizer and the best spiralizer cookbook or best spiralizer recipes, you can venture into an exciting world of culinary adventure. We hope that answers your question of why you need the best veggie spiralizer.
There are myriads of brands and models of spiralizers; while some are just basic, others are quite versatile. We’ll review some spiralizers and give you their pros and cons.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Spiralizers on Amazon 2018 Review
[amazon box=”B00AW3B5MM” template=”vertical”]
This product is a tool that’s not hard to use but would liven up your kitchen experience. It can make long spiral apple strands, curly fries, vegetable noodles or cucumber ribbon strands in less than a minute. The design is a combination of convenience, versatility and functionality. If you are looking for the best zucchini spiralizer or the best spiralizer for sweet potatoes, check this out.
This tool comes packed with so many great features and they include the following:
- Compact design – The design allows you to place it conveniently on your countertop without taking up much space. You can also conveniently store it when not in use.
- Top quality materials- It is made from BPA free ABS plastic and built to last.
- Comes with 1 bonus slicer and 4 blades – This allows you to make different kinds of shapes and cuts.
- Strong suction base – This holds the appliance firmly on your work surface or countertop.
- Extra- strength spinning handle helps user to crank effectively without much stress.
- It’s dishwasher safe which makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- It works fast and efficiently thereby saving food preparation time. This also gives you the freedom to experiment with different veggies and fruits.
One of the disadvantages of this product is the positioning of the fruit. The horizontal angle at which the vegetable is placed makes it hard on people with limited strength in their hands. It wouldn’t work well for arthritic hands.
[amazon box=”B01FTO6DIO” template=”vertical”]
This spiralizer is an easy to use kitchen appliance that doesn’t need to be assembled. It’s already good to go; just place your vegetable and let it get to work. It is ideal for preparing gluten-free, low carb diets and saves you time in the process.
This time saving efficiency kitchen tool has many great features and they include:
- Versatility – It has different blades for different shapes and sizes of zoodles and it works for a wide variety of fruits, roots and vegetables.
- Top quality materials – It is made from high quality BPA free ABS plastic and the blades are made from Japanese 420 grade rust resistant stainless steel.
- Comes with three blades, one free peeler and one free brush for cleaning – The blades are ultra sharp and don’t need to be changed; this makes for convenience. The brush also makes cleaning easier.
- Ease of cleaning – It’s dishwasher safe which makes it easy to clean.
- Guarantee and warranty – It comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Compact size – It is just the right size for vegetables and fruits and for saving space on your countertop.
Though this is a functional and easy to use product, there are some elements that could be better. They include these two things:
- Safety – Putting anything that’s shorter than the depth of the spiralizer is risky because it won’t turn. And if you try to stick your finger in and turn it, you stand the risk of being cut by the sharp blades. So it needs extra care which some folks don’t have the patience for.
- The cap – This is supposed to help push in the veggies or fruit but if the produce is small, the cap isn’t very helpful. One ends up with some piece of produce that you have to cut with a knife or use for another recipe.
[amazon box=”B013KAW5IQ” template=”vertical”]
This tool helps you to produce perfectly cut vegetable noodles, frittatas, curly fries and more from vegetables, roots and fruits. It’s hardy enough to withstand long hours of use and can work for small servings or large quantities. For those who prefer handheld spiralizers, this might be the best handheld spiralizer for you.
Here are some of the features of this simple yet functional kitchen tool:
- Non-slip grip – This allows you to hold the spiralizer firmly and comfortably while you work.
- Comfortable food holder – This keeps your hand safe as you turn the produce and also serves as a storage cap.
- Compact size – The design and size makes it quite convenient to use for individual servings.
- Dishwasher safe – This makes for ease of cleaning.
- Open blade design – This design allows it to work well for round vegetables
- It’s not complicated to set up and use.
- Its minimal footprint makes it easy to store as it doesn’t take up much space.
- It’s solid and well built with long lasting BPA-free materials.
- One complaint that’s common with every user is that it makes only one size of vegetable noodles.
- Another complaint is about the top part that’s supposed to hold the vegetable; it’s hard to keep it firmly in place.
[amazon box=”B013KAW5IQ” template=”vertical”]
This can be considered the best electric spiralizer for those who own a Kitchenaid stand mixer. It is an attachment that helps you create exciting culinary delights. It gives you the freedom to experiment with fresh fruits and vegetables. If you are looking for the best food spiralizer but want it to be electric, you should check this out.
The Kitchenaid Spiralizer Attachment has so many great features some of which are:
- Attaches to a Kitchenaid stand mixer – This connects it to the power hub of the mixer and allows it to use the motor power. You do not need to crank any handle; just position your produce and let the motor do the work.
- Works well with any Kitchenaid stand mixer – This fits with any model or version of Kitchenaid stand mixer.
- Comes with 6 blades and one peeling blade- Enables you to create different shapes and sizes of your vegetable noodles.
- Dishwasher complaint – All the blades can be washed in the dishwasher; the body is best cleaned with a warm damp towel or cloth.
- The blades are easy to change and quickly too.
- It is a good addition for owners of Kitchenaid stand mixers who love to make large quantities of zoodles.
- Comes with a convenient box to store the parts.
This is a deluxe spiralizer. However, some of its features are actually not beneficial for some reasons. These reasons include:
- The hassle of setting it up makes it not worthwhile for a single serving.
- The instruction for use is not adequate.
- You need to prepare or buy the right size of fruits or veggies to get the best from the machine.
[amazon box=”B01MSZE4YK” template=”vertical”]
This high end five-blade spiralizer helps you to churn out healthy and appetizing meals for the whole family without stress. It enables you cut your vegetables and fruits to strands, shreds, spirals, slices and chips in seconds. The uniformity of the cuts ensures that your vegetables are evenly cooked. With this device, you can have variety of low carb gluten free meals that are both attractive and nutritious.
Listed below are some of the features that could make this spiralizer the best vegetable spiralizer for you.
- Top quality materials – Made from BPA-free ABS plastic, it’s built to withstand long hours of use and to work on tough veggies and fruits.
- Five interchangeable blades – These blades are easy and quick to change which makes it easy to use.
- Large size suction base – The suction is strong enough for the machine to stay firmly in place for long. It also has an ON and OFF button; ON keeps it firmly attached while OFF release the suction when you want to remove it.
- Lifetime replacement guarantee – This gives you the confidence to purchase knowing that you’d get your money’s worth.
- Compact design and ease of storage – Comes with a compact storage box for all the blades.
- Ease of cleaning – All the parts can be easily dismantled for proper cleaning/washing. It can be washed by hand or dishwasher.
- Clear and easy to understand instructions – It comes with a graphic and detailed user manual.
- Extra features – Manufacturer goes an extra mile to offer online demo videos and EBook with lots of recipes.
Though this is a high end product, there are some things that can be improved upon and they are:
- Option for where to position the handle – Some brands have designs that give the option of where the handle can be placed. This is because of left-handed folks.
- The machine sits low – This makes it difficult for a bowl to be placed under it; an extender slide may help to solve this problem.
- Markings/labels on the blades – The markings are not on the top, which makes it more difficult to see from the storage box.
Choosing the Best Veggie Spiralizer
Before you go looking for the best veggie spiralizer for you, there are some things you need to consider. Here’s a list of some of them:
- Durability – Think of how well and how long the spiralizer can withstand rigorous use without falling apart.
- Ease of use- Look for a product that’s convenient to set up and is easy to use.
- Ease of cleaning- Simple designs without complicated parts are usually easier to clean than the more complex ones.
- Storage space- Compact designs make for ease of storage. If you’re space constrained, then you need to look for designs with minimal footprints.
- Results- Consider the end result that you’d be getting and how much vegetables would be left uncut with each spin.
- Price – While price should not be the determining factor for your purchase, it does matter. Do thorough research to be sure that you’re getting your money’s worth
- Strength and versatility- Some spiralizers are limited in the type of vegetables they can effectively deal with. Others are ideal for a wide variety of veggies. Some others also have the strength to work on very hard vegetables and roots.