Swimming is one of the greatest competitive games serving as a means of staying safe in case of eventualities during sea voyages. Coaching kids how to swim will be a lifesaver when the need arises. However, if you want to protect your child’s eyesight and give him the best experience during swimming, you should provide him with swim goggles for kids.
There are varieties of swimming goggles specially produced for children. Here are 10 best swim goggles for kids but each has various unique features, which you should consider before buying. You can check the comparison table below, if you want to know the significant aspects of these goggles and pick the best for your child.
Table of Contents
- Reviews of Best Kids’ Swim Goggles
- 1. Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Goggles
- 2. TYR Swimple Kids Goggle
- 3. Speedo Kids’ Skoogles Swim Goggle – Black/ Green
- 4. TYR Youth Tie Dye Swimple Goggles
- 5. Frogglez Supreme Comfort & Hassle Free Kids’ Swimming Goggles with Custom Fit Neoprene Straps
- 6. Speedo Hydrospex Classic Jr. Swim Goggles – Kids
- 7. Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle
- 8. Aguaphile Junior Swimming Goggles for Kids and Early Teens, Soft and Comfortable, Mirrored Anti-Fog UV Protection – Best Junior Goggles
- 9. Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swim Mask, Blue White – Clear Lens
- 10. Speedo Kids’ Skoogles Mirrored Swim Goggle – Purple/ Pink
- Most Comfortable Swim Goggles Buying Guide
- Our Top Pick for Swim Goggles for Kids
Reviews of Best Kids’ Swim Goggles
[amazon box=”B000MFD0F0″ template=”vertical”]
Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Goggles can provide up to 95% UV and anti-fog protection for your child during swimming practices. The eyeglass is made of the Lexan lens with shatter resistant properties, which is a high-class quality. It has a PVC frame and Silicone strap with Speed Fit headstrap including one-piece hypoallergenic flexible frame. Furthermore, this goggle is made to fit the outer eyes using a high-performance silicone split headstrap to promote comfort and matches a child’s face too well.
- It has a soft, comfortable TPR frame with Silicone strap making it fit well on the child’s face.
- The lenses prevent the harmful effects of UVB and UVA rays from the sun and even chlorine from the water.
- Speedo Kids Goggles has anti-fog properties enabling proper visibility.
What we like about this goggle is the silicone strap on the frame used for adjusting and making it fit very well on the child’s face.
- The lenses are made of the shatter-resistant Lexan lens.
- The frame is adjustable using the Silicone strap attached to it.
- The featured color is bright pink.
- The goggles are leak-proof.
- The head strap is usually challenging to adjust.
- The product is not very durable.
- The eye rubbers or plastic always come off.
This goggle is made for kids between the ages of 3 years to 5 years. It will help them to learn how to swim for recreational purposes, competition, and practicing generally. Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Goggles are user-friendly and worth buying.
[amazon box=”B001MWRSJQ” template=”vertical”]
TYR Swimple Kids Goggle is specially designed for kids between the ages of three years and ten years. Mainly fabricated for recreational swimmers, young competitive swimmers, and fitness swimmers alike with an easy to fit plastic frame made of one hundred percent silicone and having an adjustable release button. The goggles have an optical grade polycarbonate lenses that are UV and anti-fog protected.
- The goggle is made with a hypoallergenic silicone gasket, which is durable and comfortable for children to use.
- TYR Swimple Kids Goggles are available in a variety of colors making them ideal for recreational swimming and other purposes.
- There is a secure release button for quick adjustment.
- It has a unibody frame to fit various facial shapes.
What we like about this goggle is its durability enhanced by the hypoallergenic silicone gasket making the child to enjoy comfort while swimming.
- It has optical grade polycarbonate lenses with anti-fog and UV protection.
- The ratchet interacts between grooves and ridges on a split strap to cause locking and unlocking of the adjustment button.
- It is made of 100% Silicone and guarantees.
- TYR Swimple Kids Goggle is sturdy and reliable for competitive swimming.
- You cannot regulate the length of the strap between the eyes of the spectacle.
- The straps break easily.
- You may get a wrong color other than what you ordered.
TYR Swimple Kids Goggles are made for children between the ages of 3 years and 10 years. It is useful for recreation, competition, and fitness purposes, a user-friendly product, and worth buying.
[amazon box=”B00O1XDT28″ template=”vertical”]
This goggle uses G.O FIT™ System making it a comfortable fit for various facial shapes. Speedo Kids Skoogles Swim Goggle has a soft, comfortable frame and a gasket resting inside the eye orbital but giving you a less squeezing feel. Moreover, it is a fun and a new introductory goggle made for kids between the ages of three to eight years. The product is latex free, anti-fog and UV protection with side release Speed Fit clips enabling you to adjust your headstrap correctly.
- The spectacle has a soft and comfortable frame that cushions your face against inflammations and injuries.
- It is an introductory google for beginners in swimming.
- Speedo Kids Skoogles are valuable for recreation, fitness, and competitive purposes.
- The colors are fun and made for entertainment purposes.
A good reason why we like this goggle is its versatile nature. It can be used for recreation, competition, and fitness programs accordingly.
- Speedo Kids Skoogles Goggles are free of latex materials.
- It has a smooth an and adjustable Speed Fit clips.
- The product is anti-fog, and UV protected it is leak-proof.
- This spectacle exposes a person’s face for sunburn.
- The strap can easily break and bruise the child’s eyes.
This colorful spectacle is made for kids at the ages of three to eight years who may be undergoing swimming lessons. It is user-friendly and worth buying.
[amazon box=”B00JOU1QN2″ template=”vertical”]
The featured color of TYR Youth Tie Dye Swimple Goggles is pink/white, although there are other beautiful colors you can select. It was made using the highest quality materials and well-suited for recreational and professional uses as well. Experts have tested the product and proved that it could give you an edge in all your swimming activities. This Kid safe goggle is made with Dura fit silicone gaskets and has a unibody design to match all facial shapes.
Additionally, this Youth Swimple Goggle displays a photosensitive grade polycarbonate lenses having anti-fog and UV protection. There is a firm discharge button necessary to help you in adjusting your strap quickly.
- The glass has a firm release button for a convenient adjustment of the strap.
- It has a photosensitive grade lens made with polycarbonate to enhance protection from anti-fog and UV rays.
- The unibody design makes it versatile wear for everyone with different facial structures.
- Tie Dye Swimple Goggle is tested by professionals to give you an edge in your swimming games.
What we like about this product is its unibody structure making the goggle a ready to wear by everyone despite different facial shapes.
- This youth goggle is made with Dura fit silicone gaskets.
- It has features for speed adjustment.
- Tie Dye Swimple Goggle is suitable for recreational uses and professional uses.
- It is leak-proof and comfortable to use.
- The kids can easily break the goggle.
A unique spectacle made for kids between the ages of three and ten years for their swimming lessons. The product has been approved in tune with the regulations of Consumer Product Safety Commission. It is user-friendly and worth buying.
[amazon box=”B00QW9T1W6″ template=”vertical”]
Frogglez Supreme Comfort & Hassle Free Kids Swimming Goggles are made with a convenient and durable strap to hold your child firmly on the head. You need this product if you don’t want to be pulling off your child’s hair again. Moreover, there is Frogglez universal strap, which can be attached to other goggles to give you maximum comfort and flexibility. With these straps, you will no longer struggle to adjust all your swimming goggles. Besides, you will enjoy one hundred percent money back guarantee, if there is any damage to your swimming device.
- Swim experts, instructors, and Chris Cook, an Olympic Finalist approved Frogglez Swimming Goggles.
- With this swimming goggle, you have 100% money back guarantee for any damage.
- It can easily be adjusted using the straps provided.
What we like about this goggle is that it can easily be adjusted to enhance comfort during swimming practices.
- This goggle has a universal strap, which can be attached to other swimming goggles making them stronger and more comfortable.
- Frogglez Swimming Goggle is also suitable for divers to wear.
- It does not tangle in hair.
- The price is high.
- Water always leak into the goggles during swimming lessons making it foggy.
Frogglez Swimming Goggles is made for children between the ages of two years and eight years old. It is user-friendly and worth buying, an innovation in diving and swimming.
[amazon box=”B000MFEYPA” template=”vertical”]
Speedo Hydrospex Classic Jr. Swim Goggles are specially made for children between the ages of six years to fourteen years. It functions with the G.O FIT™ System to increase your comfort using the outer eye fit. There are the split Silicone head strap and one-piece frame, which is soft and flexible enhancing your comfort and convenience during swimming activities. These goggles are latex free and PVC free, designed for small and narrow facial forms. They have gasket shapes providing a universal fit for your external eye socket and boosting your confidence and security while swimming in the water.
- The goggle is designed for small and narrow faces.
- It has a soft and flexible one-piece frame for enhanced comfort.
- Speedo Classic Jr. Swimming Goggles have G.O FIT™ System enhancing your comfort as it fits the outer eyes properly.
- The lenses are exclusively designed to fit everybody including the younger ones and older people alike.
What we like about this extraordinary spectacle is its unique construction to fit both adults and young people desiring beautiful experiences as swimmers.
- The lenses are protected against anti-fog and UV rays.
- The goggle is PVC and latex free.
- It is ideal for recreational swimmers and even divers.
- Hydrospex Jr. Swimming Goggle has leak-proof lens gaskets covering the eyes.
- These goggles can give nasty raccoon eyes.
- The bands can break easily.
- Sometimes, it can leak some water out of the valves.
Speedo Hydrospex Classic Jr. Swim Goggles are constructed for the adults and youths helping them to enjoy excellent swimming practices. They are worth buying and user-friendly.
[amazon box=”B00I0UKKD4″ template=”vertical”]
A goggle made with a high-quality Softeril material and can last for a long time improving your comfort and convenience. It is made to provide one hundred percent protection from UV rays and foggy conditions. Adjustable buckles will enable you to pull and tighten or lift and loosen the goggle to provide a custom fit swimming kit. It is latex free and durable. Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle uses curved lens technology to ensure a higher ocular production and providing exceptional hydrodynamics within 180 degrees field of visualization.
- Aqua Sphere Swim Goggle provides an E-Z adjust buckles making the device firm and tight on you.
- It is constructed with Softeril material making it durable and capable of enhancing your comfort while swimming.
- Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle promotes excellent visibility in poor light conditions, especially indoors.
- The goggle is one hundred percent protected against the effects of UV rays.
- It is anti-fog and made with latex free materials.
- Aqua Sphere Swim Goggle uses curved lens technology to ensure a bright and superior optical effect enhancing visibility.
· The product is not returnable because there is no guarantee on it.
- The strap can easily break during swimming.
- Despite the tightness of the strap, it can leak very badly.
Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle is made for children between the ages of three and ten years old. The spectacle uses youth masks, which fit well on the orbit of the eye socket, and it helps in alleviating issues with raccoon eyes. It is user-friendly and worth buying.
8. Aguaphile Junior Swimming Goggles for Kids and Early Teens, Soft and Comfortable, Mirrored Anti-Fog UV Protection – Best Junior Goggles
[amazon box=”B00PABP752″ template=”vertical”]
Aguaphile Junior Swimming Goggles are leak-proof designs constructed with a piece of the plastic nose bridge, adjustable strap, and waterproof eyecup enabling the device itself to fit onto your face and head properly. These goggles are soft and comfortable made with a high-quality silicone material, which is durable but gentle on sensitive skin and the Nose Bridge is smooth. The lenses are UV protected to suit outdoor swimming activities although, the optical capability for indoor use is high due to enhanced clear visibility.
However, other models of Aguaphile could be better for indoor clarity. They are junior goggles, not suitable for adult use. Most importantly, there is an unconditional lifetime refund and replacement guarantee if, at any time, you want a replacement or refund.
- Purchasing this goggle entitles you to an unconditional lifetime refund or replacement guarantee at any time if you want.
- Aguaphile Junior Swimming Goggles makes you feel good with soft and comfortable products.
- The lenses enhance clear vision being fortified with anti-fog and UV protection.
One of the good reasons why we like this goggle is the unconditional lifetime refund or replacement guarantee a buyer will enjoy for using the brand product and additionally, it is soft and comfortable to use.
- It is a leak-proof design as the goggles are well-attached to your head and face.
- The glass is made of high-quality silicone material.
- They are exceptionally made for children, older kids, and teens, not for adults.
- The straps can break easily even on both sides.
- It is difficult to adjust.
- The lenses are too black or dark for indoor swimming.
Aguaphile Junior Swimming Goggles are designed for children between the ages of four years too early teens but not suitable for adults. They are user-friendly and worth buying.
[amazon box=”B00BU9UNXO” template=”vertical”]
With this goggle, you will be experiencing a four-point expanded vision in large sized lenses. These Plexisol lenses are robust and sturdy, durable, and enhancing distortion-free visibility while you are swimming. Aqua Sphere Vista Junior Swim Mask with clear glass is easy to operate using the new quick fit one-touch buckles. It is leak resistant and anti-fog protected. You will also enjoy one hundred percent protection against UVA and UVB rays. Most importantly, the goggle is resistant to scratch and other unnecessary disturbances.
- This goggle is ideal for enhancing an oversized vision using the four-point expanded visibility of the large size lenses.
- You will enjoy a distortion-free optical quality using Plexisol lenses, which are curved lenses providing 180° of extensive field visualization.
- Aqua Sphere lenses are clear and transmit steady and natural light ideal for indoor pools and dark conditions.
What we like about this swimming device is the distortion-free optical quality of the lenses using curved lens technology providing you with 180° of full field visibility.
- It has the Vista JR Youth Mask sitting on the outer orbital of sockets of the eyes.
- Aqua Sphere Swimming Goggle has a quick fit buckle system using a push button for adjustments.
- The goggle has anti-fog, UVA, and UVB protection.
- It is leak resistant.
- The goggles can create marks on the face of your child.
This goggle is great for kids between the ages of three and ten years old. It is user-friendly and worth buying.
[amazon box=”B003VRYQ22″ template=”vertical”]
Speedo Kids’ Skoogles Mirrored Swim Goggle with purple and pink colors is made exceptionally for kids four years old and above. It has a Silicone frame, which is flexible, soft, and provides excellent comfort for users. The eyeglass uses a Speed fit clip for quick adjustment, and it is ideal for beginners in swimming lessons to use. Do you know that this glass uses an anti-fog coating to improve visibility? Anti-fog properties in the spectacle enhance visual clarity, and mirrored lens reduces brightness.
- The goggle is ideal for beginners in swimming practice.
- It has anti-fog coating necessary for reducing brightness, thereby improving vision.
- With this swimming device, you will enjoy fitness, recreation, and have an edge in competitions if you are a professional.
One of the great features, why we like this goggle, is because it is ideal for beginners in swimming lessons and suitable for professionals using it for recreation, fitness programs, and even for competitive games.
- Speedo Kids Swim Goggle has Silicone frame, which is soft and flexible for exceptional comfort.
- There is a Speed fit clip used for quick adjustment.
- It has UV protection against rays of the sun.
- The product still maintains foggy conditions despite claims of anti-fog qualities.
- It can be scratched after some time.
- The strap can get broken.
Speedo Kids Swim Goggle with pink and purple colors is constructed for kids from four years old and above. It is useful for primary and entertaining swimming activities for children, user-friendly, and worth buying.
Most Comfortable Swim Goggles Buying Guide
Because swimming is seen as a life-saving activity, it is highly recommended for parents to give their kids adequate training on how to swim preparing them to face the world full of eventualities. Moreover, it is a form of recreation, fitness, and competition for professional swimmers. Therefore, there are different types of goggles such as competition goggles, recreational goggles, practice goggles, prescription goggles, and even swim masks.
Nevertheless, if you want to purchase a swim goggle for kids here are the different features to consider such as
Consider the Prices
Finding the prices of swimming goggles will help you to know the type you should buy for your child depending on the cash available to you. As a beginner, consider purchasing a pure spectacle, as the child grows and begins enjoying swimming either as a hobby or recreational activity, then you may decide to go for a mid-range price spec. However, if you think the child may find a career in swimming, then you can purchase a high-end spectacle that can give you maximum comfort and protect the eyes from leakages.
The Color of Lens and Material used for making it
What about the colors of lens and materials the eyeglasses are made? Considering the qualities of the lenses and the types of materials used in making these glasses are essential to making a buying decision. These features will determine the duration, flexibility, and usefulness of the swimming spectacle. Under different lighting conditions, the variety of colors aids the perceptive capabilities of swimmers.
Indoor swimmers are particularly affected by the types of lighting used in the pools where they are swimming while outdoor swimmers are also influenced by the general weather condition and intensity of sunlight over the place where they are using for swimming practices. Bright lenses or clear goggles are highly needed in low light situations, as they tend to see more clearly. Mirror lenses filter lights radically more than dark lenses. Yellowish-brown goggles are ideal for reducing the sparkle, flare, and disparity in natural light situations. Additionally, gray or ash colored glasses filter and separate lights faster while blue specs filter out lights modestly with minimal brightness and shine.
It is good to note that these various lenses are made of high-quality plastic materials like shatterproof polycarbonate while professional or competitive swimmers utilize spectacles made of higher quality plastic substances to give you the best optical result.
If you can consider these features carefully, you will be able to make the right pick of swimming goggle for your kid.
Check the quality of goggles you want to buy for your kids because this will help to lessen their discomfort while swimming. Does it have UV and anti-fog protection? Purchasing goggles with protection against ultra-violet rays and anti-fog are essential for swimmers, especially beginners and kids alike. This buying decision will help if you want your child to optimize his swimming potentials. Depending on the type of lights in the pool, and whether it is, an indoor or outdoor pool will determine how lighting can affect the child’s optical ability while swimming.
Moreover, if there is leakage in the outer eye sockets and gaskets of the goggles, the lenses are bound to become foggy hampering vision in the process too. Therefore, if the glass has UV protection, it will help to filter extreme harsh lighting settings and anti-fog coatings will aid in limiting condensation of moisture in the lenses, thereby improving optical clarity during swimming practices as the case may be.
Leak-proof specs are ideal for swimming in chlorinated water, as this can cause pains and reduces swimming speed and agility if it gets into the eyes. Even experts are affected by the quality of swimming goggles they put on, especially during competitions. On this note, it is a wise buying decision to carefully select high-quality swimming goggles for the convenience and effectiveness of your child.
A Good Fit for the child
A lovely swimming goggle must be a good fit for your child. These specs must fit tightly and securely on the head using a seal like silicon or plastic gasket. This rim is made to align around the outer eye sockets to enhance protection while the child is swimming. Additionally, the Nose Bridge must be adjustable to fit in the nose and face beautifully.
Our Top Pick for Swim Goggles for Kids
Having reviewed the 10 Best Swim Goggles for Kids in 2018, our top pick is Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Goggles made for kids between the ages of three years to eight years. These specs use the Lexan lens, which is shatter-resistant. It has PVC frame, Silicone strap, and Speed Fit head strap system making it sit tightly and securely on the face. The strap can be adjusted depending on facial shape and size of the head of your child. It offers protection against harmful UV rays and anti-fog to enhance the child’s comfort and convenience during swimming lessons.