Golf is a fun sport, no doubt. It brings people of different ages together. As such, both adults and children can enjoy this game as long as they have the right equipment. When it comes to being a professional at the sport, the earlier your kid starts playing, the better. However, this can only be possible if they get exposed to the best golf club sets around. We have therefore compiled some of the top rated kids gold club set for the competitive golfer. Let’s have a look.
Table of Contents
- Top Rated Kids Golf Club Set for the Competitive Golfer
- 1.Junior Golf Club Set with Stand Bag (Red)
- 2.Merchants of Golf Tour X 3-Piece Junior Golf with Stand Bag
- 3.Confidence Junior Golf Club Set with Stand Bag
- 4.Paragon Rising Star Kids/Toddler Golf Clubs Set
- 5.Intech Flora Junior Girls Golf Club Set
- 6.Prosimmon Icon Junior Golf Club Set
- 7.Callaway XJ Hot Kids Junior Golf Club Set
- 8.Ping Moxie Junior Kids Complete Golf Set
- 9.Wilson Profile Complete Junior Golf Set
- 10.TaylorMade Phenom Complete Youth Golf Set
- Guide to Buying the Best Golf Club Sets for Kids
- Choosing the Best Golf Club Set for Your Kids will Be Easy
Top Rated Kids Golf Club Set for the Competitive Golfer
This club set contains a 9/PW iron, 15-degree driver, 6/7 iron, and a 22-driver hybrid. Each of these clubs has its own protective cover. They can be placed in a stand bag that is fitted with shoulder straps. The sizing of the Junior Golf Club Set with Stand Bag is appropriate for right-handed boys who are more than 4 feet, 4 inches tall. This set is specifically designed for boys between ages 5 and 8.
- All clubs in this set are durable because they are made of high-quality materials.
- This golf club set has accurate sizing, which makes it easy to use.
- Its clubs have a comfortable grip.
- The putter head gets loose after a while. You will need to help your child take extra care of their set.
The Merchants of Golf Tour X 3-Piece Junior Golf with Stand Bag comes with 3 clubs: a weighted putter, an oversized 3-wood, and a weighted iron. The clubs in this kit have the feel and appearance of adult clubs. They are designed for kids with smaller arms, making them suitable for young beginners. We recommend this set for kids under 5 years old.
- The golf club set is made of durable materials. You can rest assured your child will use it until they outgrow the clubs.
- This set of clubs are suitable for beginners who are shorter than 4 feet.
- The clubs can withstand breaking forces because of their sturdy construction.
- Some of the clubs have oversized shafts. It might take you some time to teach your child how to use them.
You can get this set of golf clubs without worrying about your child’s hand orientation. There is a left-handed model as well as a right-handed one. It also comes in two different sizes. Therefore, you can choose the one that matches the height of your kid. The items in this golf club set include a putter, a 9 iron, and a fairway/driver wood. The clubs are designed to propel balls faster and farther. The set has a bag equipped with straps, which make it easy to carry.
- The irons are perimeter-weighted. This feature will allow your child to hit the ball as far as they can.
- This set has high-quality clubs that can last for several years.
- The bag’s construction allows it to accommodate all the clubs.
- The shafts are not as strong as we expected it to be. However, they did not break even when we used a lot of force to hit our golf balls.
If you want to introduce your toddler to golfing, this could be the right golf club set for him/her. It includes a carry bag, an oversized iron, a lofted fairway wood, and a mallet-style putter. The irons have a wide sole while the driver has a large spot.
- The Paragon Rising Star Kids/Toddler Golf Clubs Set is good for kids with weak drives and short limbs.
- The design of the putter allows children to hit golf balls to long distances.
- The bag is made of thin synthetic fabric, which makes it lightweight.
- The strap is weak. You will have to be extra careful when handling the bag.
This set offers better swings to kids between 4 and 7 years old. It contains every item that an immediate player and a beginner would need. The golf clubs in the set include a stainless driver, a junior putter, an 8/PW iron, and a 4/5 iron. The shafts are made of graphite.
The Intech Flora Junior Girls Golf Club Set also has an attractive stand bag that has enough storage space for clubs, gloves, and other items your child might need when playing golf.
- This golf club set is suitable for girls who wish to advance their skills.
- The bag is attractive due to its purple color as well as its feminine design.
- It only comes in one color. You may have a difficult time trying to gift it to girls that dislike purple items.
This set is perfect for kids between 4 and 7 years old. It contains a perimeter-weighted 5 iron, 9 iron, and 7 iron. Additionally, it has 3 wood and a mallet putter. The dual-strap bag has a rain hood, 5 exterior pockets, an 8-way divider, a putter well, an umbrella holder, and a wood well.
- It has high-quality clubs that guarantee long-term service.
- The Prosimmon Icon Junior Golf Club Youth Set stand bag for kids is easy to carry because it is lightweight and has strong straps.
- The black and white material is easy to clean and maintain.
- We would not recommend this set for kids shorter than 4’6″ because some of the clubs can be too long for them.
You will find 7 clubs in this set. The golf club set offers a bag, hybrid, sand wedge, a putter, 7 and 9 iron, fairway wood, and a driver. Its bag features a bottle holder and 5 zipped pockets. This golf club set is specifically made for kids between 7 and 12 years old. If you plan to buy the Callaway XJ Hot Kids Junior Golf Club Set for your child, ensure they are more than 4’6″ tall.
- This set is available for right-hand and left-hand golfers.
- Both boys and girls can use it. If you have a boy and a girl, you can buy the same model for both of them.
- Some of the clubs can be heavy for children below 8 years old.
This golf club set is available in different sizes for kids between 6 and 11 years old. It includes a putter, 7 and 9 iron, a driver, a bag, and fairway wood. All the clubs have a high degree of loft, so you’ll be sure to have your kids enjoy the game.
- The golf clubs are suitable for both right-handed and left-handed players.
- They’re made of superior quality materials that make them durable.
- The quality of the bag is wanting. Nonetheless, the padded compartments and zippers secure the clubs and golf balls properly.
Wilson golf clubs and equipment are among the most trusted products in golf. The Wilson Profile Complete Junior Golf Set targets girls and boys between ages 11 and 14. It is suitable for both left hand and right-hand golfers. The set contains a putter, wedge, short iron, driver, hybrid, and a long iron.
- It comes in neutral colors that are suitable for both genders.
- The shafts have desirable flex qualities.
- The bag is a little bit flimsy. Your child will have to be more careful when carrying it around.
Junior golfers deserve premium products such as the TaylorMade Phenom Complete Youth Golf Set. This set has high-quality items that include graphite woods, steel irons, a driver, a large fairway, and a stand bag. When ordering the set, you can choose the 8-piece set or the 6-piece golf club set.
- All the clubs offer great grip.
- Every single item in this set is accurately sized.
We were not satisfied with the quality of the putter even though it worked perfectly.
Guide to Buying the Best Golf Club Sets for Kids
Kids require certain types of golf clubs when starting out. You want to check out different qualities when getting a golf club set for your child. Below are some tips to help you purchase a top rated kids golf club set for the competitive golfer.
The number of clubs
Long irons are difficult to use, so you should not get them for your kid. Most children find it difficult to use long iron golf clubs when hitting golf balls. You will want to get 2 or 3 irons, a putter, a driver, fairway wood, and a wedge. These items will enable your child to improve their swing speed as well as their power.
Clubs with accommodating shafts are recommendable for children of all ages. Since the average swing speed for the majority of kids is 60mph, it would be a good idea to choose a golf club that propels balls further and maintain trajectory and height. The best flex types for kids would be the ‘Junior Flex’, which is designed for young golfers.
Weight and height of clubs
The physique and strength of kids limit how far they can hit their golf balls. Therefore, it is not wise to give a heavy wood or iron club to your child. The height and weight of a golf club should be scaled down to suit junior golfers. Most golf clubs for children are made of either titanium or aluminum inserts. Even though aluminum clubs are slightly heavier, they are suitable for beginners who are more than 7 years old.
Smaller boys and girls have smaller hands. They need golf clubs that they can hold correctly because gripping techniques are an essential part of playing golf. To ensure your child gets enough power on their swings, buy him/her golf clubs that offer great grip on shafts.
With time, kids improve their gaming skills. As a parent or guardian, you may want to get better and newer equipment for your young ones. You will have to go through different golf club sets to find one that suits their expertise.
Most 6-year-olds can use the youth golf kits available out there. However, they need specific golf clubs as they advance their game. As a guardian or parent, you need to keep up with your child’s learning path so that you can know which type of clubs you should get him/her.
When buying equipment for any game, you will have to spend some cash. The best golf clubs for kids vary depending on factors such as brand and quality. Look for a golf club set that fits within the constraints of your budget. Be wary of poor quality items that come with suspiciously low price tags.
Choosing the Best Golf Club Set for Your Kids will Be Easy
You see? Getting the best golf club set doesn’t have to be a difficult endeavor. You just need to know the kind of flex you need, weight and height of the clubs, skill level they are made for, number of club sets, and of course the budget. Once you keep all these factors in mind and browse through our top picks, you’ll surely have an option that your little ones will love.