You cannot put a price tag on safety; that much is true. But more times than not, you can only do so much. If you had your way, you’d be with your kids or pets all day. However, duty calls. Therefore, surveillance devices come in handy here. It doesn’t have to be anything too sophisticated. Just a simple, inexpensive nanny cam would suffice. That way, you get to work and be at “home” watching over your loved ones.
So if you’re here, it means you have already decided to get one. We are here to serve you, making choosing less of a task. You may not know the first thing about picking out a nanny cam. Or, you probably have used one before but were disappointed. Don’t worry; our reviews of some of the best nanny cams will guide you. With them, you’ll be well on your way to a great nanny cam experience.
Before we get ahead of ourselves, let us look at what these 5 are about.
|Dimensions||Video Resolution||Storage Space||Power Source|
|TENVIS HD IP Camera||10 x 6 x 8 inches||1280 x 720 pixels||128 Gigabytes||AC|
|JDIBEST Mini Spy Hidden Camera||0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches||1920 x 1080 pixels||Uses T-flash card up to 32GB||AC|
|HawkCam Wireless Home Security Camera||5.75 x 3.75 x 2.75 inches||1280 x 720 pixels||Uses memory card up to 32GB||AC|
|KAMRE WiFi Hidden Spy Camera||5.4 x 3.6 x 3.1 inches||1920 x 1080 pixels||Uses T-flash card up to 64GB||AC|
|AOBO Wireless Small Spy Cam||5.6 x 3.6 x 1.7 inches||1920 x 1080 pixels||Uses memory card up to 128GB||AC|
Table of Contents
- Top Nanny Cams with All-Side Reviews in 2018
- How to Pick Out the Best Nanny Cams
- What You Should Know about Nanny Cam?
- Things You Need to Know Before Install Nanny Cam
- Features to Consider in a Nanny Cam Best Buy
- Our Top Pick of the Best Nanny Cam
Top Nanny Cams with All-Side Reviews in 2018
[amazon box=”B071DDBT7M” template=”vertical”]
This security camera is a high definition, wireless camera with a difference. It has night vision that reaches up to 32 feet. That is a lot of range for night vision. Not only is it perfect for kids’ safety, it can serve to protect from nighttime burglaries and thefts.
More importantly, the wide range of its lens is comforting. You get to see more of the room than you could possibly imagine. Horizontally, it covers about 340 degrees. Vertically, it covers 105 degrees. That is much more coverage than anyone could ask for.
Its video resolution is 1280 x 720, keeping everything in its focus as clear as day. The pictures are equally sharp. Wherever you are, you know it has got you covered. Every detail you need from your home would be shown to you in full clarity. And it transmits real-time videos. That is a plus because you get live action, not information after the fact. As a wireless device, you can connect it to your phone and stream from wherever you are. It is as if you did not even leave your house.
Its motion sensor follows any moving object accurately. That way, you know who is in your home at any point. Because it covers a wide range, you are offered more than many other cameras would offer. Your kids and pets are in safe hands with this nanny cam.
And the icing is that this wireless security camera is able to maintain a steady wifi connection. You have no fear of the connection being shaky or inactive when it is most needed. This means that you can control recordings through your phone from wherever you are. If there is no need to record, you can remotely turn the camera off. If this camera does not make it into your list of choices, then which will?
- High resolution video quality.
- Very clear images.
- Night vision covers up to 32 feet.
- Large storage space of 128 GB.
- Can be remotely monitored.
- Comes with a sharp motion sensor.
- Stable Wifi connectivity.
- Two-way audio.
- Cannot serve as a hidden camera.
[amazon box=”B07B9XBDQV” template=”vertical”]
This camera is one of the tiniest you would find in the market. This makes it a good choice of a hidden camera if you are looking for one. It can fit into your pocket or into any tiny space. Therefore, if built into any household object, it is a great spy camera.
It goes beyond recording videos to snapping shots. Its stills are clear, giving you enough visibility to work with. So whether you want pictures or videos, this tiny camera has got you covered. Its size does not minimize the quality of the pictures or videos it churns out. In fact, the videos are high definition, 1920 x 1080 pixels, and 30 frames each second. That is how fast, clear and effective the camera is.
Of course the night vision is super effective, working with 4pcs infrared LED lights for clarity even in low lights. The LED lights do not come up while in use so as not to give it away. Once there is something to capture, the time of day or availability of light does not stand in the way. This feature is further enhanced by its motion sensor. Any movement around the room where it is located is quickly captured. It is easier to capture images at night when there is movement.
Another sweet thing about it is that you can charge the 240mAh battery while in use. There is no need to turn it off before you can do that. So you get round-the-clock recordings and you do not run out of battery life with this portable camera. The story never ends.
There are no intricacies to setting it up for use. Once you insert a flash card, you are ready to go. Apart from your home, you can also use it in your workspace, out in the yard or in the car. It is small enough to carry around yet powerful enough to work in large spaces.
- Great as a spy camera.
- Clear snapshots.
- High video resolution.
- Night vision that functions with LED lights.
- Quick and active motion sensor.
- Battery can be charged while camera is in use.
- Fit for use in places other than home.
- Limited storage space.
- Records only when motion is detected.
- Instructions are not straightforward.
- No wireless connectivity. But this also means that it cannot be hacked.
[amazon box=”B016QBHZKE” template=”vertical”]
This is a security camera on steroids. Its dependability is buttressed by the fact that it is made by former Intelligence Officers and Special Forces members. We can all agree that those people know what they are doing. So if they say use this one, then you know it is trustworthy.
Let us look at its wireless connectivity: it is stable and strong. If you happen to fix more than one of this camera, you can view them on one device. This means that you can view up to 4 cameras at once on your phone. You get live streaming so that you are up to date on what is happening in your home. This is one of the best wifi nanny cam you can find anywhere.
Furthermore, the video quality is high definition, not grainy or blurry. You see every frame as clear as water so that you can rest assured your kids and home are safe. It also covers a large percentage of the room where it is located. It is not one of those cameras where views are restricted. So, along with the clear video and wide coverage, your nanny cam is good to go.
And setting it up is not rocket science; 5 minutes tops and you’re good to go. It does not wear out easily and it stays up and running, and gives you great value for your money. And you know the best part of this? It has a lifetime warranty! Nobody would do this if they did not trust their product. This means that the probability of failure is almost zero. And if you are in the market for the best nanny cam with audio, you should try this. What more can you ask for?
- Short setup time.
- Strong and stable wifi connectivity.
- High definition and steady videos.
- Wide range coverage.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Small storage space.
[amazon box=”B075WT76S7” template=”vertical”]
The Kamre camera comes as a 12-hour format clock. 12-hour clocks are easier to use than 24-hour clocks so it sells. That is ingenious, right? You get two uses from one purchase. It is super functional in any part of the house you place it. Even in your office, business place or yard, it works perfectly. Clocks are needed everywhere, no? And everybody sees it as simply a clock, nothing more.
It has a rechargeable 2,000mAh battery that comes in handy. If you are worried about running out of battery life, worry no more. The camera supports charging it and recording at the same time. It keeps working, round the clock, live-streaming and recording.
Furthermore, the video quality is not inhibited by size or placement. It will give you a clear view and a high-res quality video, 1920 x 1080 pixels. It captures at a rate of 30 frames per second. That is fast. You would be able to see all around the house as clearly as if you were there. You can even remotely control it from anywhere, with its strong wifi connectivity. Your kids, pets and home remain under safe care when you trust this spy camera.
The night vision on it is superb. The IR night vision lights capture everything within range yet remain unseen. Whether it is day or night, the camera remains effective. And even though you may not get any audio, the video would tell you the story you need to know. After all, actions are the main points of everything.
And its motion sensor adds weight to the night vision. Is it moving? The camera would capture it and you can watch everything in real-time. It equally records and saves for future use. So, you have live feeds and stored videos for when you would need them.
- Two items for the price of one.
- Its video quality is high resolution, giving clear frames.
- Great wifi connectivity.
- Superb night vision.
- Active motion sensor.
- Inadequate built-in storage.
- Takes a while to get the wifi connection to work for some.
[amazon box=”B07CKWDHGR” template=”vertical”]
One of the best features of this tiny nanny cam is its wide angle lens – up to 150 degrees. Not every tiny spy camera can boast of that. You get to see a large portion of the area you are recording without having to try so hard. And the video is as real as they come.
Not only is the video real, it is also as clear as water. This camera gives a high resolution display – 1920 x 1080 pixels. The frames of the video are 30 per second. You would think you may have reduced output with the size of the camera but no. The details you get are astounding. You do not have to miss anything, even if you are away. It equally gives room for loop recording and playbacks with its 128GB memory space.
In addition to the above, the motion detector on it is super active. Once it picks any motion, it is quick to take pictures and alerts you through a notification. Of course, the wifi connection is steady and allows you to have uninterrupted access. With the connection, you always get alerts whenever the motion sensor picks up movement. You can even remotely control the camera over the connection. Keeping you in charge is the whole point.
The motion sensor is part of what makes the night vision better. The excellent infrared lights pick up action as far 5 meters, even in pitch darkness. The lights do not turn on or give off flashes to alert anyone but remain very effective. You can see all you need in the video, even if it was nighttime at the time of recording.
What is more, it can fit into everyday items to keep it hidden. Great things sometimes come in small packages, don’t they?
- Wide angle lens – up to 150 degrees.
- Real-time HD videos.
- Large memory space.
- Super active motion sensor.
- Excellent night vision.
- Doesn’t work with Android phones.
- Price is bit steep.
How to Pick Out the Best Nanny Cams
Having a caregiver or a nanny for children has become a norm these days. Even in homes where there is a stay-at-home parent, it is still acceptable. Nobody says no to extra help, especially when it comes to kids. In fact, caregiving is becoming lucrative. It can be termed one of the “responsible” jobs that anyone can find.
However, you can never be too careful with anything. Extra precautions are always wise, more so when leaving your kids with a nanny. No matter how much you trust a caregiver, you’d still feel better knowing your kids are safe. With the spate of crimes all over the country, safety is a primary focus.
This is where a nanny cam would play a major role. A nanny cam is a surveillance tool that comes with a tiny camera. It can be built into any household item and placed strategically around the house. It can be called a spy camera in lots of cases because hardly anybody else knows of its existence. It is simply of way of monitoring your kids in your absence.
You can equally use it to record activities around your house. In cases where you might have experienced theft, a nanny cam can come in handy. So, apart from keeping your kids safe, it can also keep your home protected.
What You Should Know about Nanny Cam?
Video-recording anybody without their knowledge or consent is legal in up to 50 states of the US. You do not have to fear any legal repercussions coming from that. The point of having a nanny cam is to see what is happening in your home, keeping your kids safe. So if you cannot get a video, there is no pint to it.
You are, however, not allowed to install such a cam in private spaces like restrooms and bedrooms. And you are equally not allowed to record audio of anyone. So even if you have the best hidden nanny cam with audio in the market, you cannot use it. It is illegal in many states to do that. If you have to have a video/audio camera in the house, your nanny must know. Otherwise, anything you get there would not be admissible in any court.
But you see, the best hidden nanny cam does not always need an audio feature. Actions are always better than words so a video would suffice just fine. The main point of it is to pick out one with a great resolution. That way, nothing is lost and every action can be easily interpreted.
Things You Need to Know Before Install Nanny Cam
You need to be aware that there are some insecurities that come with nanny cams. It is easy for hackers to get into them, especially if it is wireless. Even the best wireless nanny cam can be hacked. So what do you need to do to keep this from happening? Here are some steps:
- Have your Wifi encrypted. In these days when it is easy to hack banking details and credit cards, encryption comes handy. Equip your wireless system with a reliable firmware. That way, you are more secure from hacking by creeps or mischievous people.
- Be sure to register your system with the company. Do not just buy and leave. Registering it would put your details in the manufacturer’s database. If there is any problem with it, it would show up and they can easily correct it. Also, you would know of any update so your system is adequately kept private. This is another reliable way to keep the possibility of hacking minimal.
- Let your password be practically unbreakable. Most people tend to use their names, anniversary or birth dates to create passwords. You should know that those are the first ones any hacker would try. Therefore, choose a password for your wifi that is out of your comfort zone. Mix the characters up with symbols; do not just use only numbers or letters. Make it as long as 10 to 14 characters long. And try to memorize it so that you do not forget it in the long run.
Features to Consider in a Nanny Cam Best Buy
What is the best nanny cam? There are a number of features that should draw your attention in a nanny cam. There is the general wish to have an eye in your house while away. But there are specific needs you may have that would need to be covered by the nanny cam of your choice.
- It is important to know that a nanny cam does not have to be hidden. It can be exposed for all to see. A lot of parents put their cameras in objects like dolls, clocks and mantelpieces. But it may be better to keep the camera out in the open, for all to see. That way, it would be easier to avoid being sued. Besides, people tend to forget such cameras exist so it will still work out for the best.
- You have to decide the resolution you need for the camera. Have a device with low resolution could mean little clarity. Having a device with high resolution means you can see everything clearly. But it also means that the storage space would be taken up quickly. And high-res devices are usually more expensive than others.
- Getting the best nanny cam for iPhoneor Android phone would enable you to live-stream activities in your home. With this, you may not need to wait till you get home before you can see what happened all day. And if there is any emergency, you would be able to detect it quickly and take care of it.
- The angle from which you can view the room is also important. If you are placing it in a large room, you may want to get a camera with a wide angle. This is because it stands a better chance to cover most of the room.
- Buying a camera with an NVR instead of an SD card may serve you better. An SD card has the chance to get filled quick. This means that you would have to constantly change them and it would cost you more. An NVR is the more sensible choice, if you can find one with it.
- The power source of the camera should also be put under consideration. Most nanny cams are either powered by an electric outlet or batteries. However, there are some that can be recharged. Your choice would depend on if you are going for a hidden camera or an exposed one. There would be no point using a hidden camera which is not battery-powered. Besides, you also have to consider whether you can change batteries every other day.
Our Top Pick of the Best Nanny Cam
Your guess is probably correct: the Tenvis HD IP Camera. As has been said before, not every nanny cam has to be hidden. In fact, sometimes, it is better everyone knows there’s a camera in the house. That said, this camera has almost all the qualities of an excellent nanny cam and tucks nicely into your budget.
The video and picture quality is the stuff of movies. The wide angle lens can go up to 340 degrees horizontally and up to 105 degrees vertically. Its night vision covers up to 32 feet in front of it, even in pitch darkness. The storage space can last up to two months straight without hassles and the remote monitoring is just one click.
If you’re in the market for the best wireless nanny cam, you’re welcome. And if you’re not already thinking about getting one, you should. It is a sleek way to keep safe on a good budget.