Baby activity centers also known as exersaucers are vital activity centers that give your child fun while providing you with some free time to shower, dress up, empty the trash can among other chores. Parenting can be quite tricky, and if your kid is a fussy one, you might end up spending the entire day with him/her and neglect other adulthood responsibilities.
Picking the best baby activity center can be daunting. The internet is literally filled with everything from the good, the bad and the ugly. With your busy lifestyle attending to your baby, it might be a bit tricky to know the best exersaucer in the market.
That’s why in this article, we have gone a notch higher to isolate for you the best exersaucers in the market for your child’s whole-body development.
Before you pick an activity center for your toddler, it essential that you take some time to read reviews of each of them and talk to friends and relatives to get better insights on what you should buy. Do not leave any stone unturned-it’s the only way to making the best decision.
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need Activity Station for Babies?
- Baby Exersaucer Age
- Important Feature to Look Out for
- What Are Some of the Best Baby Activity Center?
- Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn Sweet Tea, Party
- Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center
- Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
- Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun, Life in the Amazon
- Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Jumper, Jungle Quest
- Bright Starts Sweet Safari Bounce
- Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N’ Play Piano
- Mega Splash Evenflo Exersaucer
- ExerSaucer Bouncing Barnyard Saucer
- Oribel PortaPlay Activity Center – Forest Friends
- Parting Words
Why Do You Need Activity Station for Babies?
Baby activity centers are there for two core reasons: entertainment and development. When your child is several months old, they are always driven to start exploring their five senses. While it’s possible for you to help them explore these senses, you can’t fully manage.
The task is demanding, and by the end of the day, you will miss out on something. Activity centers should help you where you can’t.
Baby Exersaucer Age
This is a common question among many parents. There is one main factor that can tell you when your child could benefit from an exersaucer: height i.e. if your kid’s legs can touch the ground while in the activity center, he can benefit from it.
Generally, a child should be in the sitting stage to fully enjoy activity centers, preferably 4-6 months and up. They can enjoy them for up to 24 months.
Important Feature to Look Out for
Some exersaucers have many intricate parts and you may find yourself talking more than an hour to assemble it. Therefore, if you don’t want to find yourself in such a mess, try to pick out an item you can easily assemble. Additionally, it’s always good to buy one with a guide or have the seller show you how it’s assembled.
The safety of your child is key. Hence, the activity center you choose for your child should have a sturdy frame, a soft seat cushion and have no sharp protruding edges that can hurt your child.
Thoroughly scrutinize the whole exersaucer to ensure its inner hardware is intact and it’s not likely to break down any time soon.
At 4-6 months you know what you child cherishes most-putting everything in its mouth, including their own fingers! So, if the exersaucer you are buying is made up of dolls and other dangling items, you need to ensure they are not too small to get swallowed up.
What Does Your Child Want?
Some babies are born choosy (you probably were too) and they’ll only quiet down when they are given what they like. In such a scenario, it is better to let your kid taste several activity centers to know which one he/she likes most.
There is no point in investing in an activity center that doesn’t serve its purpose. Get your kid what appears to entertain him/her the most.
Is the item you are buying tested and certified by the quality assurance association? It’s not a legal requirement that all exersaucers pass through standardization test, but it’s essential you choose a product that is safe for your child.
Don’t gamble with your child’s safety. If you opt to buy those without a standardization mark, make sure a person you trust briefs you on their quality and safety first.
Mobile or Immobile?
Lastly, you should know that baby activity centers can either be mobile or immobile. The best option should be the immobile one. This guarantees that you will get your child where you left him/her.
Kids have an exceptional ability to land in hazardous zones and they are likely to knock themselves into the walls and hanging items if you put them in mobile exersaucers.
Now that you know the importance of baby activity centers and the essential features to look out for, why don’t we delve into some of the best baby activity centers you can get for your child?
What Are Some of the Best Baby Activity Center?
Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn Sweet Tea, Party
Are you looking for an exersaucer with intricate parts but still affordable? Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn Sweet Tea, Party is the best choice, then.
It is composed of age-appropriate toys that can provide your kid with complete fun and entertainment while helping him develop all his senses. The fabulous colors and themes on it are strong enough to stimulate any kid to have fun.
- Evenflo is made up of several dolls that a kid can kick or spin for exercise and motor skill development (both gross and fine motor skills).
- Its height can be adjusted. Therefore, as your baby grows, he can still enjoy his favorite exersaucer.
- Provides a safe fun and learning environment
- It’s easy to wash-you can wash the toys and seat pads separately and attach them back
- Provides adequate physical exercise to the child.
Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center
Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center offers your child a wide range of fun activities. Its ability to rotate in 360 degrees makes it possible for the child to explore all the toys on it with the need for you to reposition him.
It can also be adjusted into three different positions. This means, you child will grow with it and you won’t have to buy another one anytime soon.
The piano on Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Activity Center has several classical music, sounds and languages that your kid can enjoy. It’s also equipped with a mirror to help the child grasp the concept of reflection as well as self-awareness.
Additional Product Details
- Has an electronic Baby Neptune toy that activates the sound
- Has a total of seven toys: starfish bead chaser, octopus popper, mesh toy bar, crab, orca spinner, fish teething stalk and a few other sea creatures.
- Made of plastic and soft pads-this makes them safer and easier to wash.
Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo
The lavish design of Fisher-Price Luv U Zoo Jumperoo makes it one of the best baby activity centers you can have for your kid. The dolls, sounds and music on it entertains and educates your child.
Like a few others, Fisher-price can as well be adjusted as your child grows. The plastic material and soft pads in its makeup makes it safer for your child. It is easy to clean.
- Has lights and sounds that are activated when a kid jumps up and down.
- The seat turns at 360 degrees allowing a child to explore all the toys on the equipment
- Lights and sounds can be turned off when your child starts to sleep or doesn’t need them.
- No doorway required
- Colorful toys that stimulate the baby to touch them.
Many fabulous parents prefer Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun, Life in the Amazon (aka Evenflo 3 in 1 exersaucer) for two main reasons; it’s durable and versatile. It is triple fun because a child can benefit from it in three developmental stages.
For newborns below four months, this exersaurcer is equipped with a soft-padded play mat that your kid can spend some tummy time on. You can add some dolls on the play mat to improve the child’s play experience.
Above four months, you can put your kid in the exersaucer and have he /she enjoy kicking and playing with all the age-appropriate toys on it. Its music is soft and doesn’t annoy like that of other models. It can be adjusted into 3- height positions, thus will still support your kid as he/she grows.
When you child starts to walk (at 8 months and higher) Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun, Life in the Amazon can be converted into an activity table and all the toys put on it for the kid to toss them around. This model uses nine triple A batteries.
Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Jumper, Jungle Quest
The main purpose of this exersaucer jumper is to strengthen a child’s motor skills and develop their neck, back and leg muscles through spinning, rocking and jumping. Like other models, this exersaucer can be adjusted into 3 positions to support a smaller or bigger child.
- Has a soft landing pad at its base to encourage the baby to jump
- Has safe and colorful age-appropriate toys that give a child a fantastic play time
- Its equipped with melodic tunes to keep the child enchanted while you do other things
- The toys are different to give a child different learning experiences.
- It uses six triple A batteries.
Bright Starts Sweet Safari Bounce is a pink colored exersaurcer with eclectic toys designed for the girl child. It doesn’t have music and light; hence, no batteries are needed.
Despite its simplicity, it still works as perfect as other activity saucers. It turns at 360 degrees allowing your baby girl to access all the toys on the activity saurcer without the need to be repositioned.
- It has 12 plush colored toys (and characters) for an extensive learning experience.
- Has one bounce pad and adjustable height positions
- It is one of the models parents find it easy to assemble (takes less than 10 minutes)
- Composed of plastic parts hence easy to dust off. The seat pad can be washed by a washer machine.
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
This intricate Fisher price baby jumper offers plenty of stimulating toys with sounds, lights and music to keep any child glued on it. It provides a kid with a safe and cozy place for sitting, playing and jumping.
The sit can turn at 360 degrees to enable the little one play in any direction he/she wants. No matter how strong your child plays or kicks at it, its sturdy construction keeps it in balance.
The interactive toys and activities provided by this Jumperoo help the kid develop his/her motor and cognitive skills at a faster pace. The attractive nature of its toys improves the visual perception of the kid. With this exersaucer, you can easily regulate the volume of the sounds to the level preferred by the kid.
- Three height adjustments for extensive use
- The dolls include bobbling elephants, hanging parrot, a swinging monkey, spinning bead ball, a tiger, lizard and a few other cute graphics
- Has a motion sensor that turns the music on when the baby kicks.
- Requires three double A batteries
Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N’ Play Piano
If you baby cherishes anything musical, then perhaps you (and the baby) could benefit
a great deal from this piano exersaucer. It is a well-crafted musical piece that spins out jingles whenever the child strikes at (or steps on) its key tones.
One of the best things about this activity saucer is its chair. It can spin around and move back and forth giving a child an exclusively great play time with both the toys and the piano.
The chair in this exersaurcer can be removed to give a child enough space to walk around and enjoy the musical sound produced. It also supports brother/sister bonding as a small child can be placed in the seat while the bigger child enjoys it from outside.
Most Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N’ Play Piano are sturdy because they are walk-in exersaucers.
By rewarding the child with musical tones every time he/she steps on the piano keys, Fisher-Price Little Superstar Step N’ Play Piano motivates the young ones to exercise their legs and fully develop their motor skills. The creative juices are also stimulated as your child learns to step on the piano keys differently to come up with a coordinated sound. This wonderful sturdy piece can still entertain your child well beyond the toddler stage.
Mega Splash Evenflo Exersaucer
The Mega Splash Evenflo Exersaucers are also excellent activity saucers you can buy for your kid to stimulate or hasten their growth process. The plenty plush toys on them help the child develop their fine and gross motor skills, cause and effect learning, object exploration and tactile development.
They are also efficient in helping the child exercise their entire body muscles during rocking, bouncing and spinning processes.
The music tones and its three-position height adjustment are also a great addition to most Mega Splash Evenflo Exersaucers. The toys are detachable; that means, you can mix them up or replace them with something else for extensive learning.
Above all, it takes only a couple of minutes to assemble them up. Let’s have a look at a few Mega Splash Evenflo Exersaucers and their product features.
1. Evenflo – ExerSaucer Activity Center, Mega Splash
- It’s made up of Disney characters like Pretty Princess
- The activity jumper has cute critter
- It has a 3-height adjustment ability
- The seat pad can be washed with a machine.
2. Evenflo Splash Mega Exersaucer
- Has several interchangeable colored toys
- Promotes rocking, bouncing and spinning
- Has three height adjustments and its seat pad is machine washable
- Its beach-themed.
3. Evenflo ExerSaucer Activity Center, Mega Splash With Bright Colors and Many Varying Textures
This one has been designed with rich and deep colors to get any kid attached to it. The toys are removable and have different textures to improve a child’s learning experience.
ExerSaucer Bouncing Barnyard Saucer
ExerSaucer Bouncing Barnyard Saucer is also one the exciting, educational and entertaining activity center you can get for your kid. It may not have the ability to turn at 360 degrees but still offers your child the best neck, back and leg muscle exercises mandatory for healthy growth.
It consists of up to 12 different learning activities. It has additional space for extra toys, and still the existing ones are detachable to create room for new toys. Like other exersaucers, it too has a 3-height adjustable feature for long term use.
Oribel PortaPlay Activity Center – Forest Friends
Oribel PortaPlay is also one of the best baby activity centers many parents buy for their young ones. This jungle play station can be converted into a table for more fun.
Its legs can be adjusted depending with the child’s height. It’s a perfect item that sees your kid through a few years of kindergarten classes.
Parental responsibilities are never simple. But whenever a new individual is added to the family, your heart bursts with joy and excitement as you look forward to making sure your child gets the best of the best.
Getting an activity saucer for your kids will help them develop their cognitive and motor skills faster than other kids. Make it a habit of reading online exersaucer reviews before making your final purchase.