Non-contact thermometers may be some of the best things to happen to mankind. They offer a quick and easy way to detect a change in temperature without having to be invasive. If a person is sick and fussy, a non-contact thermometer would come in handy. Having it anywhere around them would tell you what you need to know.
The use of non-contact thermometers goes beyond just humans. They can also be used for inanimate objects. If the object is emitting heat of any sort, a laser or infrared non-contact thermometer might be used. So the functionality is diverse. Most times, though, they are used to measure body temperature.
Since you are here, it means you are looking for a non-contact thermometer. Rest assured that the reviews here would guide you on the right path. There is nothing but some of the best choices of non-contact thermometers here. But before anything else, look below to see a preview of 5 of the best non-contact thermometer.
|Dimensions||Power Source||Temperature Range||Best For|
|Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Thermometer||8.1 x 4.7 x 1.5 inches||Batteries||-58℉ – 1022℉ / -50℃ – 550℃||Objects|
|SinoPie Digital Infrared Non-Contact Body Thermometer||6.2 x 2.6 x 1.7 inches||Batteries||93.2°F-109.2°F / 34°C-42.9°C||Humans|
|Amplin Medical Grade Infrared Forehead Thermometer||4.9 x 2 x 1.1 inches||Batteries||32.0-42.5 ℃/89.6-108.5℉||Humans|
|JDDZ Non-Contact Infant Thermometer||8.6 x 3.7 x 2.1 inches||Batteries||32.0-42.5 ℃/89.6-108.5℉ (humans)
0-100 ℃/32-212℉ (objects)
|Nubee Non-contact Infrared Thermometer||6 x 3 x 1 inches||Batteries||-50℃ – 500℃ / -58℉ – 932℉||Objects|
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Non-Contact Thermometers on Amazon Reviews
- What Makes for a Great Non-Contact Thermometer?
- Our Favorite Non-Contact Thermometer
Top 5 Non-Contact Thermometers on Amazon Reviews
It is not every day that you find a thermometer like this one. Even though it serves mostly for inanimate objects, its accuracy is second to none. The laser in it makes precision easy, honing in on targets easily. Not only that, the laser also makes targeting far objects easy. Therefore, a little distance does not affect the effectiveness of this beauty.
With the infrared, its functionality goes beyond precision. It is one thing to focus on a target and another to carry out a needed objective. When a target is located accurately, the infrared easily focuses on the heat source. That way, you can quickly tell the level of heat you’re dealing with. This thermometer makes a quick work of its assignments. If you’re looking for the best non-contact infrared thermometer, be sure to consider this one.
Its versatility makes it priceless for some users. It can be used to measure temperatures while cooking or grilling, room temperature, repairs around the house and so on. So it is a one-size-fits-all; have it around the home and you don’t need an extra one.
Furthermore, it has a screen which is backlit. It clearly shows the readings so you don’t have to squint, even in bright sunlight. But the light goes off automatically so that the battery is conserved. It equally alerts you when the battery is low so that you don’t run out of battery-life when busy.
- Designed for versatility.
- Pinpoint laser accuracy.
- Super effective infrared.
- Comes with a backlit screen.
- Has a battery-life indicator.
- It is affordable.
- More suited for objects than humans.
This medical-grade thermometer is easy to use. There is nothing technical about it; it functions with just two buttons. Once you turn it on, the next thing is to aim and get a reading. The readings are consistent and do not fluctuate. Their accuracy can be trusted because of the dependency of the thermometer.
Looking for the best non-contact thermometer for baby? Check this out. We all know how getting temperature readings of babies can be, especially fussy ones. Getting them to stay still for you to place a thermometer on them is a chore. But with this colorful non-contact thermometer, that is a thing of the past. It can also be used for adults. As long as you’re within range of the sick person, your readings will show. Besides these, it promotes hygiene and negates the spread of infectious diseases.
To further buttress its dependency, previous readings do not wipe easily. You can view up to 32 previous ones so that you can compare improvements or declines. What’s more, it comes with a screen which lights up in green, orange or red. These indicate whether a person has a fever or not.
- Suitable for babies, as well as adults.
- Readings are steady and accurate.
- Retains previous readings for easy reference.
- LED screen color indicates whether a person has a fever.
- Easy to use – both Fahrenheit and Celsius can be calculated on it.
- Directions are not clear enough.
Amplin Infrared thermometer is one of a kind. It comes with the option of sound. What does that mean? Whenever it is around a person with fever, it beeps. You are alerted to it even before anyone says anything. This works, though, if the sound is on. But if you’d prefer no sounds, you can turn it off. This option is great for babies and toddlers who cannot speak for themselves yet. You get a heads up about the state of your kids without even trying.
It is also a great item to have in nurseries, children’s clinics, on the move and so on. With growing kids, this could be the best baby thermometer, non-contact style. It can be used to test baby food temperature, AC and heaters as well as objects. What’s more, it reads very quickly. In about a second, the thermometer can give you results. Waiting is not part of the deal.
Moreover, it reads both Celsius and Fahrenheit. This feature is not seen in every thermometer which makes it one of the best you can find. Whichever is easier for you to read, you can rely on one device to give you results both ways. There’s no need to thank us but you are welcome.
- Beeps alert you of fever.
- Great for babies as well as adults.
- Suitable for other purposes like testing room temperature and food.
- Reads both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Non-touch eliminates health hazards.
- It is affordable.
- The accuracy of results can fluctuate.
- Battery-life is not reliable.
The push of a button on this thermometer allows you to quickly take a temperature reading in emergencies. The speed of the results does not diminish the accuracy in any way. Therefore, this feature makes this thermometer an amazing accessory to have in your first aid box as a parent or teacher.
Again, the infrared feature ensures that the temperature reading is precise by picking up the heat from the target. The non-contact design means that you do not need to get too close to the target. It also means that one thermometer can be used for many people without fear of poor hygiene. And people generally appreciate its non-invasiveness.
Additionally, it has a fever alarm that alerts you in emergencies. You may not know to take a reading but the thermometer does. So if anyone around you is running a fever, time would be saved by the beep of the device. This is especially crucial where there are lots of babies and toddlers.
- Easy to operate and read.
- Produces quick results.
- Comes with a fever alarm.
- Effective in quelling spread of infections.
- Infrared is very active.
- It is not flexible enough.
- It is expensive.
Nubee thermometer is capable of measuring the maximum temperature in an area and recording it. This means that it is able to withstand hot or cold temperatures without budging. It makes it suitable for the outdoors as well as the indoors. It also does not delete data but keeps it for future references. This is a great feature because it leaves room for comparison if the need arises.
That said; it is good to note that it measures in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. Some people find it easy to read temperatures in just one of these units. So whichever suits you better, you can use it with just the click of a button.
In addition, when the device is idle, it shuts itself off. This is to save battery-life so that you do not run out of juice while using it. And even if the battery has weakened, it indicates so you can change them on time. You are completely covered on all fronts.
The accompanying laser adds precision and the infrared reads accurately. The whole point of having laser is to focus on the target precisely. Therefore, with it, the margin for errors is greatly reduced. You are free to chalk it up as the best non-contact infrared thermometer with laser.
- Capable of capturing the maximum temperature of an area.
- Measures in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Automatically goes off when idle to save energy.
- Operates with laser and infrared.
- Cannot be used for people.
- Does not include batteries.
What Makes for a Great Non-Contact Thermometer?
There are several factors to consider in a superb and dependable non-contact thermometer. Knowing them would help in informing your choice, whether you’re searching for the best non-contact body thermometer or otherwise. They would also keep you away from those that cannot be trusted. Their importance cannot be overemphasized, especially as it has to do with health.
Having said that, here are some of the factors that you should note before making a choice…
- Age Suitability:Many thermometers are made for people of all ages. However, some are made specifically for babies and toddlers while others are strictly for adults. Therefore, be sure to read instructions carefully before buying. You don’t want to buy an item you don’t need.
- Alarm:You should know that not all non-contact thermometers come with fever alarms. They are a great and necessary feature that always comes in handy. We also understand that not everyone would appreciate the sound. So, if you would prefer sounds to alert you to a rise in temperature, look for a suitable one. It is always advised to read instructions on labels.
- Reading Accuracy:Some thermometers give off fluctuating results. You could check and get one result now but another result 5 minutes later. Little else can be as frustrating as that, especially in an emergency. It is best to seek medical advice on this one. Accurate results play a major role in general treatment of ailments. Go for the best non-contact medical thermometer that is recommended if you always need one. There is no price tag for well-being.
- Intricacy:Believe it or not, there are people that prefer complex things to simple ones. And that is alright. Before you buy one, decide which suits you better and go for it. You do not want to buy, open and discover it is not to your taste. The return policy may be non-existent. A lot of non-contact thermometers are easy to use but you can still find sophisticated ones.
- Speed:The faster the results show, the better for everyone. Time is usually essential in health issues. Besides, if you’re handling a baby, you need to be as fast as possible. Sick babies can be as fussy as they come. Choose a non-contact thermometer that reads quickly. Even though they don’t need contact, being fast is part of their effectiveness.
- Conversion Unit:Celsius or Fahrenheit? Not all non-contact thermometers come with both units in one. Verify that your choice has both if you’re so inclined. Or verify that it has either of the ones you’re more comfortable with.
- LED Display:A backlit screen on a thermometer makes for easy reading, even in bright lights. You don’t have to squint or strain your eyes to see. You equally have little room to read wrong. It is usually welcome but not all have it.
- Capacity:A thermometer that can read high temperatures easily is always preferred. The higher its capacity to read, the more effective it would be. This factor is an important one. You may need the thermometer for more than body temperature.
Our Favorite Non-Contact Thermometer
Our choice is the Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer. Even though it is more suitable for use with objects, it can still do a fair reading for people. But it has almost all the features of a great non-contact thermometer and that is saying something. If you’re not already thinking of getting one of these, then you better start now. We want the best for you and this is winning the prize for us.