When it comes to finding the best-rated glass baby bottles, it can be slightly challenging, especially for new mothers that have never considered clear glass baby bottles in the past. However, with the help of the best glass baby bottles reviews, finding the ideal ones is easier than you think.
By using this guide to your advantage, you’ll not only find the best baby bottles for breastfed babies but for bottle-fed babies as well. Parents will also have the ability to know what to look for in the perfect glass baby bottles for newborns, what features they should have, and the pros and cons of glass baby bottles.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Glass Baby Bottles Reviews
- 1. Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle
- 2. Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles
- 3. HEVEA Baby Glass Bottle
- 4. Joovy Boob Glass Bottle
- 5. Natursutten Anti-Colic Glass Bottle
- 6. Simba Glass Bottles
- 7. Dr. Brown’s Original Glass Bottle
- 8. Wawa Glass Baby Bottle
- 9. AVENT Natural Glass Bottle
- 10. Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle
- Tips for Choosing the Best Glass Baby Bottles of 2018
- Frequently Asked Questions About Glass Baby Bottles
- What People Think About Glass Baby Bottles
- Our Top Pick is the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles
10 Best Glass Baby Bottles Reviews
[amazon box=”B01M4KOSJF” template=”vertical”]
For mothers who are tired of dealing with plastic bottles, the Chicco NaturalFit is a great alternative. This particular bottle helps to improve the overall feeding experience, especially if your baby has the tendency to get gassy after feedings. Designed with the everyday parent in mind, you’ll find that using this glass baby bottle is user-friendly with a no-mess design and the ability to slowly feed your baby.
The Benefits of the Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle
- Angled and straight nipple available:When you purchase the bottle, you’ll receive both an angled and straight nipple, giving you two alternatives when it comes to feeding your baby.
- Easy to clean:Glass bottles tend to have a bad reputation when it comes to cleanliness, but with the help of the wide neck and high-quality glass constructed in Italy, cleaning this glass bottle is easier than you think.
- Included silicone sleeve for added protection:You won’t have to worry about accidentally dropping your glass bottle or bringing it with you on long trips with the help of the silicone sleeve that comes with every bottle. It helps to offer added shock and drop protection, making it safer to feed your baby anywhere.
First and Long Term Impressions
At first, using the Chicco NaturalFit is a dream, especially as your baby will find it’s quite easy to latch onto the bottle as if it were your natural nipple. However, with regular use, you may find that the bottle will begin to leak while using 0M nipples or formula mixing nipples. This can be quite concerning as it makes it relatively impossible to mix formula without any spillage.
- Lightweight design
- Nipple emulates natural nipples
- Easy to go between bottle and breast
- The nipple is soft and collapses
- The bottle may leak when mixing formula
[amazon box=”B00N9X4TYI” template=”vertical”]
Parents who are looking for bottles that are not only safe for their baby but also safe for the environment will be glad to know that the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles are recyclable and sustainable, making them ideal for any parent. With a relatively simple design, especially when compared to other glass bottles, they are a hassle-free and user-friendly design that you’ll surely fall in love with.
The Benefits of the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles
- Small and easy to hold:No matter if you’re feeding your newborn or if your baby wants to hold the bottle on their own, the design of these models are phenomenal as they are easy for anyone to use and they are easy on your wrists.
- Adaptable to other nipples:Another interesting feature of the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles is they are adaptable to other nipples and parts from other bottles, such as the Dr. Brown’s variety. This helps you to make the most out of the baby products you may already own.
- Can be used with breast pumps:If you don’t intend on using formula and would prefer to pump directly into bottles, these glass bottles are exactly what you need as they’re adaptable to most well-known breast pump brands.
First & Long Term Impressions
At first, when you begin using the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles, you’ll find that they appear to be generic and typical. However, over time you’re going to notice all of the great features that they have when compared to other glass bottle brands. You’ll surely notice that cleaning the bottles are easier than if you were to use other designs with small pieces that are hard to keep an eye on. You’ll also learn how to tighten the lids without over-screwing them to where the bottles leak when turned sideways.
- Works well in the fridge and sterilizer
- Adaptable to other lids, nipples, and breast pumps
- Cannot be stored in the freezer
- Low-quality nipples
[amazon box=”B00WK0DBS6″ template=”vertical”]
If you’re in the market for a BPA-, phthalate-, and PVC-free bottle, this is the ideal model for you. The HEVEA Baby Glass Bottle comes in a pack of two, making it easier to always have a bottle ready for feeding. Without any toxic chemicals, this 100% borosilicate glass bottle is designed to last an incredibly long time, making it an affordable option for new and veteran parents.
The Benefits of the HEVEA Baby Glass Bottle
- Taste- and odor-free:Instead of having to deal with milk that might taste or smell like other ingredients you might have in your kitchen or fridge, you’ll be glad to know that the HEVEA Baby Glass Bottle is taste and odor free, preserving the integrity of your milk.
- Bottle fits specialized nipples:If you have to buy special nipples for your baby, you’ll be glad to know that this particular bottle will fit different types of nipples, not just the identical ones from the manufacturer.
First & Long Term Impressions
When you first receive the HEVEA Baby Glass Bottle, you’ll realize that they are quite hefty and they feel as if they are constructed using high-quality materials. Your first feeding should go relatively smooth—as long as your baby is accustomed to rubber nipples
However, over time, you might experience some issues. First, the nipple on the bottle may collapse with regular feedings, and second, you’ll have concerns with the measurements on the side of the bottle. As the measurements are etched in white, once the bottle is filled with milk they are difficult to read.
- Great for baby’s who love rubber nipples
- High-quality glass
- Fits with specialized nipples
- Measurements are invisible when filled with milk
- Nipples collapse with regular feedings
- Slight leakage
[amazon box=”B00JUNL6GK” template=”vertical”]
Parents that are tired of spending more time cleaning and maintaining their bottles rather than feeding their babies might be interested in the Joovy Boob Glass Bottle. With its one-piece flow vent construction, cleaning your bottles has never been easier, especially if your baby needs a special slow flow bottle. It helps to make feeding a baby who is prone to colic much simpler when compared to other glass bottles on the market.
The Benefits of the Joovy Boob Glass Bottle
- Zero nipple collapse:In comparison to other glass bottles, you’ll love to know that the Joovy Boob Glass Bottle is specifically designed to prevent collapsed nipples, helping you to feed your baby faster than ever before.
- Slow flow design:In an effort to prevent gassiness, many babies require slow flow nipples, and with the help of the one-piece clean flow vent, your baby will be far less gassy after their feedings.
- “Boob” nipples:Specifically designed to make it easier for your child to go back and forth between a bottle and your breast, these special boob nipples are a great feature to have.
First & Long Term Impressions
If there’s one thing that can be said about the Joovy Boob Glass Bottle, it’s that its first and long-term impressions are relatively the same as it performs incredibly well over time. With your initial feed, you’re going to find that the self-venting design is phenomenal for your baby, especially if they normally spit up or get rather gassy after being fed. You’ll also notice that your baby will easily be able to use the bottle on their own, as it’s designed for everyone in the family to use.
- Easy to use
- Great for babies who don’t latch
- Self-venting prevents gas
- Bottles must be sealed correctly
- The glass may chip if washed improperly
[amazon box=”B01673596S” template=”vertical”]
Making it easier to clean and maintain your bottles, the Natursutten Anti-Colic Glass Bottle is phenomenal for getting the milk ready much faster. For babies who have the tendency to suffer from colic and gassiness after feeding, you’ll love the special design of this bottle that helps to make feedings easier and more comfortable.
The Benefits of the Natursutten Anti-Colic Glass Bottle
- All-natural soft rubber:Even if your baby isn’t prone to taking to rubber nipples, these ultra-soft Italian-made rubber nipples emulate an actual breast.
- Thermal shock-resistant:Instead of dealing with bottles that crack or break when exposed to extreme temperatures, the Natursutten Anti-Colic Glass Bottle is thermal shock resistant.
- Even flow of milk:Instead of milk filled with gas bubbles, the double-valve anti-colic design is great for preventing gas and colic by providing an even flow of milk.
First & Long Term Impressions
Right away, you’re going to notice that your baby will take to these nipples faster than any other bottle brand you can get your hands on. You’ll notice as your baby is suckling, the nipple won’t collapse in their mouth and provides the perfect amount of milk that is comfortable for them. After using the bottles for a few months, their performance will still be just as it was the first day you received them.
- Very strong glass
- Soft rubber nipples
- Easy to use in a warmer
- Bottles may leak
- Doesn’t fit all breast pumps
[amazon box=”B00J2LL016″ template=”vertical”]
Glass bottles that are equally as durable as they are lightweight can be hard to find, especially for parents who are searching for bottles that are comfortable to hold and easy to pack. The Simba Glass Bottles are a great alternative to traditional glass bottles as they’re user-friendly, safe to use on a daily basis, and quite resilient.
The Benefits of the Simba Glass Bottles
- Stain resistant:Instead of spending ten minutes trying to get milk stains out of your bottles, the Simba Glass Bottles are stain resistant when compared to plastic and other glass bottles.
- High heat resistance:Worrying about baby bottles shattering in sterilizers and dishwashers can be overwhelming. Fortunately, the Simba Glass Bottles offer a huge heat resistance of up to 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightweight:A major issue with other glass bottles is they have the tendency to be too heavy for children to hold, however, the Simba Glass Bottles are lightweight which makes them perfect for adults and children alike.
First & Long Term Impressions
The first thing you’ll notice when you touch the Simba Glass Bottles for the first time is how light they are, which can be quite surprising for many regular glass bottle users. With that being said, over time, they are not prone to breakage or shattering after being exposed to high levels of heat. Unfortunately, one issue that does appear after a few months of use is the bottle caps may break, causing you to spill milk everywhere.
- Lightweight and easy to hold
- Can be exposed to extreme heat
- Easy to clean
- Bottle caps may break
- Flow may be fast for newborns
- Nipple may collapse
[amazon box=”B00A7AA6XY” template=”vertical”]
As a brand that is relatively well known amongst new parents, the Dr. Brown’s Original Glass Bottle is a great option for first-time parents that are looking for an all-inclusive bottle that can do it all. Until you have an idea of what type of bottle your baby might be interested in, this particular model is a great option as it’s easy to use.
The Benefits of the Dr. Brown’s Original Glass Bottle
- Vacuum-free feeding:There’s no need to worry about air bubbles with these bottles as they are specifically designed for babies who are prone to gassiness and colic. The feeding method is quite similar to breastfeeding, and it helps to preserve the integrity of the milk.
- Simple to clean:Instead of having to handwash all of your bottles, the Dr. Brown’s Original Glass Bottle can easily be thrown into the dishwasher or sterilizer.
- Level 1 nipples:With the bottle, you will receive level 1 nipples which are ideal for newborns and babies aged up to three months. The slow flow nipples are perfect for reducing reflux and gas after feeding.
First & Long Term Impressions
There are plenty of great things to say about the Dr. Brown’s Original Glass Bottle and everything that you experience the first time that you use it will stay the same for the duration of the bottle’s life. The slow flow nipples are truly slow flow, making them ideal for younger babies and its design is resilient, making it easy to prevent cracks and broken glass even if you drop the bottle on hard floors.
However, one concern that you may have is the fact that these bottles have the tendency to show milk stains if you aren’t able to clean them right away. It’s always best to make sure that you maintain the bottles regularly, so they stay clean and safe to use.
- Truly slow flow nipples
- Few bubbles in the milk
- All parts can be washed in the dishwasher
- May stain from milk
- May leak with regular use
[amazon box=”B071ZJJYPX” template=”vertical”]
Are you tired of dealing with glass bottles that promise they’re unbreakable but end up cracking or shattering within your first few days of using them? If so, the Wawa Glass Baby Bottle is a great alternative for clumsier parents or for children that like to hold their own bottles. It offers a lot of great features that help to make the transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding easier than most parents think.
The Benefits of the Wawa Glass Baby Bottle
- Comfortable to use:With an ergonomic design and incredibly soft nipples, you won’t experience any issues with trying to get your baby to latch onto their bottle.
- Lightweight and durable:By combining tough borosilicate glass coated in shatterproof silicone, you might assume that the bottle is heavy. However, it’s incredibly lightweight which makes it easy for kids to use on their own.
- Hot liquid warning:As an interesting feature that is quite advantageous for parents, the bottle is coated with a special technology that changes color in the event that the liquid inside of the bottle is too hot for your baby.
First & Long Term Impressions
One of the first things you’ll realize about the Wawa Glass Baby Bottle is it is incredibly easy to clean due to the fact that doesn’t have as many pieces as other glass bottles. Not to mention, it can also withstand very hot temperatures. You’re also going to find the thermal warning technology is quite advanced as you’ll always know whether your milk or formula is the right temperature for your baby.
When you continue using the bottle for a long period of time, you might notice a little bit of leakage, especially if you don’t seal the bottle properly after filling it. Aside from that, it seems to perform well even if you use it on a daily basis.
- Non-slip sleeve
- Nipple available in variable flow, medium flow, and slow flow
- Reduces reflux after feeding
- Lids may leak
- Must be cleaned after every use
[amazon box=”B00PF83R84″ template=”vertical”]
Similar to Dr. Brown’s, AVENT is quite a popular baby brand, and their bottles are sure to impress, especially for parents who prefer to rely on known brands. Even if you’re not a first-time parent and are looking for easy to use bottles that even your baby can hold on their own, these could be the ideal design for you.
The Benefits of the AVENT Natural Glass Bottle
- Integrated anti-colic designs:Compared to other anti-colic bottles that are difficult to clean, the AVENT Natural Glass Bottle has all of its anti-colic parts integrated directly into the nipple, giving you only one seamless part to keep clean.
- Heat and thermal shock resistant:To make it even easier to keep the bottles clean and to prepare formula safely, the bottles are both thermal shock and heat resistant which means no shattering or splintering as a result of pouring cold and hot liquids in the bottle.
- Easy to fill:Another huge benefit to the AVENT Natural Glass Bottle is it has a wide opening around the neck, which makes it incredibly easy to fill.
First & Long Term Impressions
By far, the first thing you’ll realize with these glass bottles is that they are great for promoting the natural latch-on process, similar to how your baby would latch onto your breast. You’re also going to find that preparing formula and milk is simpler with the help of the wide neck bottle and it’s incredibly easy to clean after each use.
However, one main issue that you might experience over time is leakage, and it’s as a result of tightening the bottle lid too tight. The plastic screw ring around the neck and cap is relatively sensitive, and by over tightening the lid, it’s likely the lip will wear down, causing your milk to leak.
- Works with all Natural Line nipples
- Can be put in the fridge, dishwasher, and sterilizer
- Easy to clean
- Improper installation can lead to leaks
- Over screwing the lid can cause leaks
[amazon box=”B01LN3J1I4″ template=”vertical”]
Designed for parents who are regularly on-the-go, the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle is a great option when you’re looking to transition from plastic to glass bottles. It has a variety of features that help to make it easy to use while traveling or even walking around your house, such as the medical-grade silicone sleeve. If you’re searching for an all-inclusive bottle that has a variety of benefits, this is a great option.
The Benefits of the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle
- Breast pump compatibility:If you intend on using a breast pump to collect your milk, you’ll be glad to know that the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle is compatible with the majority of major breast pump manufacturers.
- Dishwasher safe:There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to sterilize baby bottles with your own hands. Luckily, this particular model is entirely dishwasher safe, and you don’t even need to remove the silicone sleeve unless you want to.
- Heavy and durable:When you begin using the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle, one of the first things you’ll realize is how heavy and durable it is, which makes it ideal for people who are tired of using unreliable plastic bottles.
First & Long Term Impressions
The first impressions of the Lifefactory Glass Baby Bottle are great as you’ll notice how solidly it’s constructed right out of the box, and it has a great weight to it that makes it feel high quality and resilient. You’ll also love how the silicone sleeve helps to make the bottle look different when compared to other bottle brands, and it’s adaptable with the majority of breast pumps.
Over time, however, you’re going to notice a couple of issues such as leaking, the inability to read measurements on the side of the bottle because of the sleeve, and even your baby beginning to swallow more air than if you were to breastfeed them. Considering this bottle is supposed to offer an anti-colic design to reduce gassiness, baby’s swallowing air while feeding is quite a large issue.
- Uniquely designed
- Heavy and high-quality glass
- Compatible with breast pumps
- Babies may swallow air
- Lid leaks when mixing formula
- Difficult to read measurements
Tips for Choosing the Best Glass Baby Bottles of 2018
Now that you are aware of the top ten glass baby bottles you can get your hands on this year, it’s important to know some tips and tricks for choosing the best glass baby bottles for newborns or even the best glass bottles for 6-month-old babies.
What to Look for in Glass Baby Bottles
A few of the most important things to look for in a glass baby bottle are:
- Soft Nipples
If you’re trying to transition your baby from your breast to a bottle, it is important to have a design that offers a soft nipple that emulates your natural breast. Otherwise, you’re going to find that it’s relatively impossible to get your baby to latch onto their new bottle.
- Ergonomic Design
There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to hold up a heavy glass baby bottle for a long
time, especially if you experience frequent wrist fatigue. The more lightweight a bottle is, and if it has an ergonomic design, you’ll not only find it’s easy to hold the bottle, but your baby can hold the bottle as well.
- Stain-Free Glass
All of the best-rated glass baby bottles will have glass that is relatively resistant to staining, which makes them much easier to clean when it’s most convenient for you. Also, the cleaner the bottle is, the safer it is for your baby to use.
- Variable Flow Options
Depending on the age of your baby and whether they’re prone to reflux, gassiness, or colic, you might need special nipples with all of the bottles you choose. Ideally, you’re going to want to be able to choose from different flow options to give your baby the most comfortable feeding experience possible.
- Heat and Thermal Shock Resistance
It can be incredibly difficult to work with bottles that you don’t feel safe using, especially if you’re working with very hot or cold liquids. The vast majority of glass baby bottles are heat and thermal shock resistant, which is essential for preventing splinters in the glass or complete breakage.
Frequently Asked Questions About Glass Baby Bottles
Do I need a glass baby bottle?
There are plenty of benefits to choosing glass baby bottles over plastic, especially when it comes to the health of your baby. The majority of clear glass baby bottles not only have superior nipples, but the entire design of the bottle is typically BPA- and phthalate-free. It’s also important to remember that glass baby bottles are much easier to clean, are resilient to hot and cold, and have a more high quality feel than traditional bottles.
Should I buy a glass baby bottle new or used?
As with most of the baby products you can get your hands on, it’s always best to get new glass baby bottles. Even though parents might take their time sterilizing their bottles before selling them or giving them away, you never know if one baby may have an illness that can be transferred to yours. It’s always best to be safe rather than sorry!
How do I use a glass baby bottle?
Using a glass baby bottle is incredibly simple, even if you’ve never used one before. All you need to do is mix your formula as you normally would in a plastic bottle, except you’re able to use a warmer without the worry of melting plastic. Glass bottles can also be attached to breast pumps, which can make it simple to give your baby pure milk nearly straight from your breasts.
If there’s one thing to pay close attention to when using glass baby bottles, it’s that you have to be wary of how tightly you screw their lid. Even with high-quality AVENT glass baby bottles, the tighter you screw the lid, the more likely it is to leak.
How do I clean a glass baby bottle?
As one of the main reasons as to why parents opt for glass baby bottles instead of plastic, cleaning them has never been easier. There are three main ways you can clean glass infant bottles:
- Handwashing:With the help of a bottle scrubber, warm water, and your own two hands, you can easily handwash your bottles in your very own sink.
- Sterilizer:As one of the more preferred methods of cleaning, sterilizers use steam to help get rid of bacteria and grime that might be heading on the inside of the glass bottles.
- Dishwasher:Glass bottles are far more resilient than plastic which makes them easy to throw in the dishwasher at the end of the day.
Are there glass baby bottle accessories that I need?
There are a couple of glass baby bottle accessories that you should think about buying, such as:
- Silicone sleeve:To help prevent damage from falls and to add more grip to the sides of the bottles, you might want to consider buying silicone sleeves as they offer added shock resistance.
- Variable nipple flows:As your baby gets older, it can be tough to have to buy new models at every stage of their lives. However, with the right bottles, all you have to do is buy different nipples with different flow types.
When should I use a glass baby bottle?
One of the best things about glass baby bottles is you can use them at any time you please, similar to how you would use plastic baby bottles. If you’re preparing meals for your baby or if you have plans where you’ll be out of the house and feel uncomfortable breastfeeding, glass baby bottles are a great alternative. They also give you the ability to make meals in advance and freeze them if you’ll be spending a reasonable amount of time away from your baby.
What People Think About Glass Baby Bottles
In general, glass baby bottles seem to be the more popular type of bottles for parents to use. However, there are a few important things to take into consideration when comparing them to plastic baby bottles.
- Easy to Hold:With the advances that have been made with glass baby bottles, they are
becoming more lightweight, but when compared to plastic bottles, they are slightly heavier. If you’re trying to help your baby learn how to feed themselves, you may want to rely on plastic bottles instead.
- Unbreakable:Even if you’re able to find glass baby bottles that advertise they’re difficult to break, it doesn’t mean that they are entirely unbreakable. Whereas with plastic bottles, even if you were to drop them on a very hard surface, they’re quite unlikely to break which can make them slightly more reliable.
- Washing Options:If there’s one selling point that holds glass bottles over plastic it’s that you can wash them in a variety of ways. Unless you buy specific plastic bottles that are designed for sterilizers or washing machines, you’re stuck handwashing them. However, glass baby bottles are entirely safe to use in the dishwasher, sterilizer, or in your sink regardless of the brand you choose.
Our Top Pick is the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles
As a well-rounded bottle that can tackle relatively anything, the Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles are a phenomenal choice. You have the ability to use the bottles as they arrive out of the box or you can add nipples and lids from other bottles as well, helping to add to its versatility and diversity. Another great feature of these glass bottles is they are easily adaptable to most breast pumps which allow you to transfer your milk directly and preserve its essential vitamins and minerals.
The Evenflo Feeding Twist Bottles are also great in terms of ease of use and their lightweight design which makes it much easier to not only feed your baby but to teach them how to feed themselves as well. There are an endless amount of options when it comes to choosing these bottles and using them day to day.
You Can Learn More: