If you’re a new parent, then one essential device you must have on hand is a baby food maker. Baby food makers just recently became popular in the United States. They actually haven’t been around for more than ten years. At least you know that mom and pop didn’t make you any baby food with any baby food maker. But, thankfully, technology has advanced and taken all the hard work of making baby purees along with it.
With the advancement of technology, we have also seen the evolution of the baby food maker over time. Systems have developed to become much faster, more reliable, with higher convenience and an easier learning curve. Whatever you need to make a puree can now be done in a much faster time than we ever thought possible. From peas, to banana blueberry, to carrots, to sweet potatoes, you’re covered. And you know the more amazing part about baby food makers, they give you the license to go crazy on healthy recipes for your baby!
So, today, you are welcome to our baby food maker reviews. We have researched and picked our top 5 best baby food makers and we hope we can convince you about their awesomeness. So, without further ado, let’s get cooking. And yea, run through this comparison table quickly if you can’t spare the time.
|Baeba||9 x 7 x 9.5 inches||4 pounds||4.7||Steam, puree, reheat, defrost||Cloud|
|Babymoov||8 x 10 x 14 inches||6.4 pounds||11||cook, defrost, steam, warm, sterilize and blend||Black|
|QOOC||10.3 x 9.3 x 7.8 inches||4.25 pounds||2||Steam, puree, defrost, and reheat||White|
|Cuisinart||10.6 x 6.7 x 12.8 inches||7.3 pounds||4||Steam, puree, bottle warming||Pink|
|Hamilton||8.8 x 11.8 x 13.1 inches||6.44 pounds||5||steaming, chopping, slicing, shredding, and pureeing||White|
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Baby Food Makers on Amazon Reviews
- Factors To Consider When Getting a Baby Food Machine
- Other People’s Opinion about Choosing the Best Baby Food Steamer
- Our Top Pick of the Best Food Processor for Baby Food
Top 5 Baby Food Makers on Amazon Reviews
[amazon box=”B01CD21BFU” template=”vertical”]
Number one on our list is this excellent baby food maker from BEABA. It’s popular among many mums for its safety, reliability, efficiency, and ease of use. Well, it is a little more high end when compared to other baby food makers we have on review and others in the market as well. But hey, we can tell you for free that the extra couple of dollars you’ll spend on this unit would be totally worth it, no doubt. This baby food processor unit looks great and works terrific too. It comes with a capacity of 4.7 cups which means that in just one batch, a person can prepare lots of food servings at once.
Women are quite the multi-taskers and the world knows that. For this reason, BEABA made it a point to ensure that this unit is usable even with one hand. So, for single mums who live alone, or even those who aren’t but sometimes find themselves alone at home, here is your godsend. Whether you have to steam, defrost, reheat, or puree your baby’s food, you can do all that while carrying your baby on your other free hand.
To ensure the safety and health of your baby, this baby food processor and steamer (yes it also steams) carries a water reservoir made of stainless steel rather than plastic. No point putting your baby at risk with BPA and its ilk. The reservoir cleans super easily and the entire system is way too easy for anyone at all to use. Like we said, this unit steams as well, and it steams very easily. A push of the button will completely steam your fruits and veggies to delicious goodness after which you can then puree them. As for the controls, we found they were quite easy and intuitive to use.
Now, here’s a small piece of advice… A baby steamer and food processor has only one rule – you can only use distilled water. If you use something different, you’ll cause minerals to begin to form deposits in the reservoir of your machine. This is not good news at all. Now, to ward this off, ensure you stick with distilled water. Also, try to descale your machine with a bit of vinegar every other month.
- Capacity of 4.7 cups which permits several servings to be prepared at once.
- Can be operated with one hand.
- Very easy to use.
- Comes as a baby food processor and steamer.
- Easy controls.
- Stainless steel reservoir rather than plastic – no BPA, phthalates or lead.
- One button steaming.
- It is a bit high end.
[amazon box=”B074D3R8F2″ template=”vertical”]
Next up, we review this super versatile baby food maker. It’s actually a 6-in-1 design baby food machine! Like seriously, it can cook, defrost, steam, warm, sterilize and blend all your baby’s meals. See, why we call it a machine now, right? Of all the baby food makers on our article today, this is the only one that has the capacity to support simultaneous blending and steaming. A baby food processor and steamer is impressive but here’s something that allows for both blending and steaming at the same time. Pretty impressive, eh? This feature especially comes in handy when your kitchen is really busy. You can get a head start and save some time when you steam and blend at the same time. And you know babies are really loud about their demands. And you don’t want to be at the receiving end of their yelling when they get hungry. This way you can stay on schedule and on top of things.
Okay, so moving on from that… We love the capacity of this device. It’s much much higher than what we saw in our last product on review. It comes with an 11 cup capacity! Yes, we mean that the Babymoov Duo Meal Station Baby Food Maker allows you prepare 11 cups of puree all at once! In other words, you can prepare about 25 baby meals in one process and rest for the rest of the week. Well, depending on how much your baby consumes. Of course, if you don’t need that much food, that’s okay too. You can always use one of the layers alone.
Now to the steamer… The steamer that comes with this device is a pretty powerful thing but then it’s quite easy to use as well. All you need to do to work it is to fill with water at the bottom and watch for the light. When it goes off, you can input your preferred time into the timer and then relax till it’s done its job. The blender, just like the steamer, is also pretty powerful as well. The blades are durable, sharp and come with 3 different speed settings. This and its ability to simultaneously blend and steam are the most impressive attributes of this baby food maker.
- Comes with a 6-in-1 functionality design – steaming, blending, warming, defrosting, cook, and sterilize.
- Has the capacity to simultaneously blend and steam.
- 11 cup capacity – you can prepare up to 25 meals at once!
- Powerful blender and steamer.
- Blender comes with pretty sharp blades of 3 different speed settings.
- Durable blades.
- Has a large footprint so might not be ideal for mums with small kitchen spaces.
[amazon box=”B071LJJJ39″ template=”vertical”]
Alright here is the QOOC Mini Baby Food Maker. The device comes from a pretty new brand but this brand sure does know its baby food makers. It’s a mini baby food maker and the best option for mums with really small spaces to manage. Its tiny footprint means that you won’t have to put up with clutter when trying to make life more convenient for you and your baby. However, with a mini baby food maker, you need to keep the obvious fact in mind. A mini baby food maker will prepare a limited amount of food quite unlike the other food makers we’ve had on reviews so far. And, of course, it will have fewer features than the others too. But then, that’s not to say that this food maker does not hold its own. It’s a 4-in-1 machine (technically) and so, aside blending and steaming, it means that this unit can also defrost and reheat. Why did we say technically? Well, it’s not like this device has two separate functions for reheating and defrosting but then again, since it comes with a steaming option, that can also be used to defrost and reheat food.
Like we mentioned, the capacity of this food maker runs small. You can only make about 2 cups of food with this device. So, altogether, that would add up to barely 300 grams max. So, yeah, it is quite little. But then again, the manufacturers did say it was a mini baby food maker loud and clear.
This device looks pretty good though and it’s not difficult to use at all. There’s this big pushy button just dead centre of the device that captures everything you need to do to work this device. Simply push. Thankfully, this is a low maintenance unit too. All the parts (the steamer basket, lid, blade, and container) are dishwasher safe which is one less worry as you rightly deserve after kid wrangling all day. Besides that, it’s great that none of the parts that get to touch your baby’s food directly contain BPA. They don’t contain phthalates or lead either.
What else did we love? The motor is so quiet! And filling the reservoir with water is so very easy as well. Although it is small, this machine has proved to be very dependable and functional too. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that this device doesn’t hurt our pockets either! Great job QOOC!
- Comes as a mini baby food maker, so it does not require so much space.
- Comes as a 4-in-1 design – blending, steaming, defrosting and reheating.
- Quiet motor.
- Very easy to operate.
- Parts are dishwasher safe.
- No toxic elements found – e.g. BPA, phthalates, lead.
- Reservoir fills very easily.
- Has a small food capacity – 2 cups or 300 grams.
[amazon box=”B01644TSE4″ template=”vertical”]
Alright, here’s another option for those working with a very limited space. Although this might look like a tiny machine, it does boast a great number of amazing features. And we can’t shut up about the design of this unit. It looks totally amazing and sleek. Cuisinart has been around for years and we’ve come to learn to depend on them for quality kitchenware that over delivers on their expected function. And believe us when we say that they didn’t disappoint with this model. We are super impressed, and soon, you’ll be.
So, what does this machine do? With this machine, you can steam, chop and puree your fruits and veggies into the perfect baby meal. And to take things up a notch and further increase convenience, this unit also includes a bottle warmer in the package. All you’d have to do is to toss your bottle into the machine for a few minutes and before you know it, it’s hot enough for baby to enjoy.
This food processor comes with a very powerful motor which powers the unit to perform exceptionally and efficiently as well. The engine performs very quietly too, so you can make a meal while your baby is napping right next to you without waking her up. As for the blades, they are high quality and are pretty sharp as well. They also look like they will easily take a beating for quite a long time. Now, because this machine does not come with a steamer basket, it makes the switch from steaming to pureeing quite seamless. Of course, we will bring you anything less but we still find it important to calm your fears by mentioning here that this food maker comes with parts that are BPA, lead, and phthalate free.
This is a 4 cup capacity baby food processor which is slightly smaller in size as compared to the Baeba. But in the grand scheme of things, we guess it’s safe to say that you can’t get it wrong with this food maker. You should get it.
- Sleek design.
- Small footprint.
- Comes with a bottle warmer.
- Powerful and quiet motor.
- Sharp and durable blades.
- No steamer basket, making the switch from steaming to pureeing very seamless.
- No BPA, lead or phthalates.
- 4 cup capacity.
- No defrosting or reheating feature.
[amazon box=”B00TI5MLHI” template=”vertical”]
We’re still counting down on our best food processor for baby food, and so far, we have met four awesome ones. Now, it’s time to meet our fifth and final baby food maker for the day. Welcome with us the Hamilton Beach Bebe Baby Food Maker. Every savvy mum should know Hamilton beach. They are tested and trusted brands in the industry of small household appliances. The best part of them is that they make them for very affordable prices. If you’ve ever used a Hamilton Beach item before, then you’d just have to confess that you left a happy camper and you knew you got value for your money.
Any who, as usual, this food maker is priced competitively. The machine has amazing abilities which include steaming, chopping, slicing, shredding, and pureeing. It’s like a ninja baby food maker with all the slicing and shredding and all. So, how does it work? Pretty simple. Fill the water reservoir which you’ll find at the bottom of the machine with water. Keep it at two-thirds of the reservoir’s capacity. When you hit the mark, close it and leave the steamer to do its job for about 25 – 30 minutes. Beware though, this does not come with a timer so you have to be on the watch. By the way, here’s a tip, if you put in a lot of water, your food will take a lot of time to steam and vice versa.
Pureeing is also quite easy. Take out the basket after steaming, holding the basket by the handle. You don’t want to singe yourself now. After doing that, fix the blades on and then transfer the now-steamed fruits and veggies into the pureeing bowl. Once that’s done, simply replace the lid and that’s all.
Altogether, this is a unit with an ease of use that’s so breezy. The steamer works great, the blades are sharp and the chopper, slicer and shredder are also perfect as well.
- Amazing functionalities – steaming, chopping, slicing, shredding, and pureeing.
- Easy to use.
- Sharp blades for blending, slicing, chopping, and shredding.
- Pretty difficult to clean out.
- Pureeing blades don’t feel securely fixed.
Factors To Consider When Getting a Baby Food Machine
- Get a baby food processor and steamer in one: With such units you save time and energy for better things. In this time and age, it makes practically no sense to simply get a food processor alone and then do what? Steam elsewhere? Not efficient. Instead, get a food processor and steamer in one. It’s more modern, it will save you time, and you can use that saved energy to play with your baby.
- Ease of use: No unit you get should require rocket science to figure out. It must be pretty easy to use and intuitive too. Don’t get confused, many steps to getting the job done doesn’t mean the machine is more sophisticated. A machine should alleviate, so, ideally, the fewer the number of steps to get the job done, the more sophisticated the unit. The manual must be easy for your average 6thgrade kid to understand. If it isn’t, chances are the unit is trash.
- Reliability: The unit must not contain parts that break easily or plastic that melt quickly or blades that dull before long. You want to ensure that the unit you’re getting comes with a good warranty, you know, just in case anything happens. Thankfully, all our baby food makers on review come with a good warranty.
- Efficiency: Baby food makers can cost quite a pretty penny so you don’t want to invest in a system that doesn’t do its job efficiently. It’s not just about getting the job done well, it’s about getting the job done fast. So, look out for units with powerful motors, sharp blades and fast steamers. If a model comes with a capacity that’s below 3 cups, it’s best to avoid. You’ll spend too much time making several batches of food and it’s not worth it.
- Safety: Ensure that the plastic parts of the food maker, especially those parts that will have direct contact with the food do not contain BPA or phthalates or lead. If possible, avoid plastics and stick with glass instead, if you can afford it. Stainless steel is also a great option as well.
- Storage and portability: Sometimes, the better unit is the slightly bigger one, other times, it is not. But always work with your space to avoid clutter because a cluttered kitchen is one of the most dangerous places in the world.
Other People’s Opinion about Choosing the Best Baby Food Steamer
We’ll start with the Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker. While this is a much beloved baby food maker, a lot of people still found the bottle warming function a little useless. Most claimed that they would have preferred that the unit came with defrosting and reheating abilities than the bottle warmer.
Next, the Hamilton Beach Bebe Baby Food Maker. Again, this is a much beloved baby food maker Amazon carries but there are quite a number of complaints about the ease of cleaning of this unit. For instance the steam passage is practically impossible to clean and lots of mums had complaints with the mineral deposits forming on their units.
Our Top Pick of the Best Food Processor for Baby Food
Without doubt, our best baby food steamer and processor for today’s reviews is the BEABA Babycook 4 in1 Pro Baby Food Maker. It is everything we ever hoped to see in a great baby food maker. Comes with a lot of functions, a sufficient cup capacity. And one feature that really pulls at our heartstrings is that it is usable with one hand. Seeing how busy moms can get, this really counts for us. Of course, it’s our best baby food maker today.