Baby bath time should be a simple and soothing process for any parent. But when you do not have the right tub to do that, it would become a horrible chore. From losing your grip on your baby to having injuries, the list of mishaps is endless. However, there are new trends of baby bath tubs in the market. They are cute yet practical. Babies can be wriggly so having a smaller bath tub would go a long way. You no longer have to make do with the usual plastic round or long tubs. There are all kinds of adjustments and beauty added to them to keep everything sunshine-y and bright.
Bath time does not have to be a chore for your little one, either. Believe it or not, babies enjoy some things more than others. The brightness, softness and cushiony feel of these trendy bath tubs will be a delight to them. And since you are here, it means you are in the market for an amazing bath tub. Best believe that we have nothing but top products for you here.
There are some parameters that make choosing simpler and easier. So, based on 5 of the best baby bath tubs available, we have made a sneak peek for you.
|The First Years Sure Comfort Tub||29 x 15.2 x 9 inches||2.8 pounds||Mesh hammock is machine-washable||Newborns, infants and toddlers|
|Blooming Bath Lotus Baby Bath||13.2 x 4.5 x 13.2 inches||1.1 pounds||Yes||From newborns to six months|
|Fisher-Price Sling n’ Seat Baby Tub||18.5 x 30 x 8.5 inches||5.95 pounds||Mesh hammock is machine washable||Newborns, infants and toddlers|
|Mommy’s Helper Inflatable Bath Tub||27 x 18 x 6.5 inches||1.15 pounds||Not specified||Babies from six to twenty-four months|
|Skip Hop Moby 3-Stage Tub||27.5 x 19 x 11.6 inches||3 pounds||Not specified||Babies from 0 to 6+ months|
Table of Contents
- Best Baby Bath Tub Reviews in 2018
- 8 Things to Consider before Choosing a Baby Bath Tub
- Types of Baby Bath Tubs
- Our Favorite Baby Bath Tub:
Best Baby Bath Tub Reviews in 2018
This baby bath tub is an easy favorite with a lot of mommies. When you have a beautiful tub that fits easily into your kitchen sink, what’s not to love? And it can also transition to accommodate newborns, infants and toddlers. That is magic wrapped as a bath tub. The mesh hammock that it comes with is for newborns. It is no news that they are the most fragile to hold. But with the hammock, you could just lay them down and clean them up.
As they grow older and learn to sit, the hammock can be adjusted to suit them. No longer does it have to serve as a hammock but as a cushion. They can lean into it and be comfortable while enjoying a nice warm bath. And when they become toddlers, it can be completely removed so they can sit in the tub. The mesh hammock can be machine-washed and hung out to dry after use. It does not fray easily and would last for as long as you need it.
While your baby bathes, he/she has room for toys in the tub. It is not too small for toys but not too big to be cumbersome. Bath time for them, as well as for you, is fun and less of a bore. Just throw in some colorful toys there and your baby would be quiet enough to get clean.
To make this tub even more endearing, it has a drain plug for easy drainage of water. It is bathing time made easy for most moms and who wouldn’t love that? You do not have to carry your baby out before you can drain water. What’s more, there is space to hold extra water if needed. You have everything you need right in one place.
The icing on the cake is that it is affordable. It tucks very nicely into your weekly budget. There is no need to get a piggy bank in order to get this beauty. And it is readily available.
- Simple design that transitions easily.
- Can be used for newborns, infants and toddlers.
- Includes a mesh hammock for newborns.
- Roomy enough to take toys.
- Additional space for extra water.
- Comes with a drain plug.
- Not portable.
- Raised part at the center of the tub could be uncomfortable for babies.
The features that make this bath tub outstanding are its shape and bendiness. At first glance, it looks nothing like a baby bath tub. But on closer inspection, you find yourself with one of the cutest tubs. It looks like a lotus, with four large petals. When used in a sink, it adequately covers every side to protect your baby.
And it is the most sink-friendly baby bath tub, ever! It can fit right into a single sink, let alone a double, without struggle. This makes it a suitable summertime baby bath tub because you can easily carry it anywhere you like. It can be folded and put into a bag for use at the beach, poolside or a birthday party.
It is the perfect baby bath tub for 6months old because it is made for newborn to six-month old babies. With it, there is no worry of holding a newborn for bathing. This is a known fear of many parents. It cradles them comfortably while you wash them. It is one of the safest bath tubs you could get for your babies.
When you are done, just wring out the water from it. It is that malleable. Then you can either hang it out to dry or throw it into the dryer. You can also wash it with a machine but only on the delicate mode. It does not take a handbook to maintain this bath tub. Just use, wring and dry; as easy as Jell-O.
- Shape is attractive.
- Bendy enough to fold.
- Plush and soft.
- Suitable for newborns.
- Takes a while to dry.
- Could develop mildew.
- Not a baby bath tub with stand.
Another one with a hammock or sling, this bright pink tub supports newborns to toddlers. The sling supports a new born so that you have your hands free. They can just lay there and comfortably have their bath. The stopper it comes with helps keep the baby from sliding, which is a common problem.
As they grow stronger, the sling goes so they can sit up. It comes with a back support for them to sit upright. The baby bath tub seat makes it easier for them to learn. As toddlers, no help is needed but there’s room to splash around. Once you remove the seat, there is more than enough space for them. With this tub, you save money and still get the best use from a tub.
With the plug, the chore of throwing out water is eliminated. Just pull it and out goes the water without you moving. You can even clean the tub before unplugging the drain. That way, you get two jobs done in one sitting.
Included in the package are a rinse bottle and a toy whale scoop. It is ill-advised to splash water straight from the tap on your baby. So, with the bottle, you can maintain the right water temperature for a rinse if need be. And the whale scoop is for easy scooping and…well, for splashing around in the bath!
It can be easily stored away to create space. It comes with a hook with which it can be hung up on a shower rod or wall hook. This is equally useful for drying purposes.
- Mesh sling supports newborns.
- Sit-up support aids babies as they learn to sit.
- Room enough for toddlers to sit and splash around.
- Drain plug for easy disposal of water.
- Easy to clean and dry.
- Comes with a whale scoop and rinse bottle.
- Too large to fit into a sink.
- Material used may wear out easily.
- Price is a bit steep.
This inflatable baby bath tub is unique. It has none of the easily recognizable features of baby bath tubs yet it works. It comes with 3 valves through which you can inflate the tub bottom, sides and the saddle horn. This means that you have the option of not inflating some parts and you would still have a workable tub. When inflated, it provides a plush, padded bath space for your baby. It can sit on any flat surface or in an adult tub comfortably.
The saddle horn is the feature in the middle of the tub that keeps your baby from sliding. The younger your baby, the more you would need it. But it is not an encumbrance as it can be deflated if not needed. This takes care of the problem of having to constantly pull your baby up in the bath.
The drain plug at the bottom makes letting water out a walk in the park. The convenience of drain plugs cannot be overemphasized. Bathing an infant is a duty that requires attention. Therefore, anything that would ease it is welcome. And a drain plug is one of such things. Bathe, swish, pull and you are done with that. You can always use the opportunity to clean the tub before draining. Cuts your job in half, doesn’t it?
In addition to the above, it is easy to deflate. In the event you have to go out with it, do not worry. Open up the valves and press it to quickly let air out. Then, fold it up, put in a bag and you are good to go. This is one of the best baby bath tubs for travels and outings.
- Inflatable on three levels: sides, bottom and saddle horn.
- Saddle horn keeps baby from slipping or sliding.
- Easy to store.
- Lightweight when deflated.
- Great for traveling and for the outdoors.
- Very affordable.
- Drain plug comes in handy.
- Does not hold air for long.
- Seams are not very strong.
One of the best-selling features of the Skip Hop baby bath tub is the non-slide interior. Baths are known to be slippery and that is not a bad thing. However, when it comes to babies, it can be a huge task. You have to constantly pull them into position when they slip down. The texture is made to hold yet not to be uncomfortable. So bath time does not have to be unnecessarily frustrating anymore.
The mesh sling is designed to hold your newborn for as long as is needed. From 0 to 3 months, the soft material does the work of holding your baby so you have your hands free. You get to engage both hands in cleaning your baby. As they grow older, the sling can be adjusted to make room for sitting. It then provides back support as they learn to sit upright. And as toddlers, you can completely detach the sling to create more room. The tub does not have any bumps to create discomfort. It is just one smooth sail for your toddler.
For the purpose of storage or maximizing space, the tub comes with a hook. You can hang it when not in use to dry or simply put it away to make space. This serves to preserve it for future use, as the tub is strong enough to last for a long time.
In summary, the Skip Hop bath tub cuts the job of bathing your baby in half with its amazing features. You would be doing yourself a great service by buying one today.
- Non-slide interior.
- Adjustable to suit babies through different stages.
- Main bath comes with no uncomfortable bumps.
- Mesh sling holds newborns and supports those learning to sit.
- Comes with a hook for hanging.
- Drain plug for quick disposal of bath water.
- Mesh sling attracts mildew easily.
- May be too small for some babies.
8 Things to Consider before Choosing a Baby Bath Tub
What is all the fuss about baby bath tubs, you might ask. They are just babies and can fit into any tiny basin. That may be well and good but there are several things to keep in mind. Maintaining the right temperature and the manufacturing material of the tub are examples of such. Most of these tubs are made considering that babies are very delicate; that, along with lots of love and sunshine.
That said, here’s a list of important factors to keep in mind when comparing baby bath tubs:
- Drainage System: It is not every baby bath tub that comes with a drain. With some of them, you would still have to throw the water out the old-fashioned way. There is nothing wrong with that but you have to decide which you prefer. Drains in bath tubs make it way easier to get rid of water. With that, you can clean up the tub before disposing of the water.
- Ease of Storage: With baby products, your house can get cluttered before you can say ‘hey presto!’ Therefore, it is necessary to check if the bath of your choice is easy to store. Most bath tubs are plastic so may be hard to put away. But many also come with hooks with which they could be hung up. Others can be folded or rolled away. Keep this factor in mind when choosing a baby bath tub.
- Amount of Water it can hold: Plastic bath tubs tend to hold more water than other types of tubs. Most of the fancy designs give up space for beauty or ease of storage. There is a price to pay for everything, no? Shallow bath tubs would not do much for you baby’s bath time, especially as they grow older. Consider this important fact before you decide on one.
- Texture of the Interior: Some baths are super slippery. And if you have never had to deal with a wriggly baby, then this wouldn’t make sense. You could get a baby bath seat for tubto eliminate sliding and slipping. A baby bath tub ring seat can also help, especially if your baby is wriggly. You do not have to get any of those, though. You could simply get a tub with a non-slip interior to ease your mind. A wet slippery baby on your hands is enough. No need to add slippery bath tubs, too.
- How fast it dries: You may not have this problem with plastic tubs. But with others, especially those with hammocks, this is to be considered. Damp tubs attract mildew and could cause infections over time. If they can be machine-dried, that would be a huge advantage. Be sure to check the length of time the tub of your choice would take to dry properly.
- Price: Everyone has got a budget. Any baby tub of your choice should fit within your budget easily. Baby bath tubs are necessities so shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. However, be wary of overly cheap products. A cheap baby bath tubcould be made from inferior materials that could harm your baby with time. In the same vein, an expensive baby bath tub does not mean it is the best one available.
- Tub Rim: The design of the tub rim is important, especially when you have toddlers. This is because they could hold on to it while in the bath. If it is not smooth, it could hurt them. Again, if the rim overhangs the external sides of the tub, it is an advantage for you. It would be easier to carry than if there is no overhang. This is not a deal breaker, though. There are alternatives to this and it could only apply to plastic tubs.
- Ability to sit in a sink: A lot of baby bath tubs are made to sit in a sink. It makes it easier to fill with water and drain. It also means there are no splashes on the floor so you don’t have extra work. If a tub is larger than a sink, you’d have to place it somewhere else. It does not make it less effective as a tub. It just reduces the convenience for you.
Types of Baby Bath Tubs
There are baby baths in all shapes, sizes and colors. Usually, you would find what you are looking for in the market. However, if you do not know exactly what you want yet, take a look at the available types below:
- The Old-Fashioned Plastic Tub: More times than not, this tub is what you would find first. It is simple and sloped to support babies. Usually larger than other tubs, it has compartments to hold toys and extra water. And it is the best tub to use a baby bath tub ring
- Bucket Baby Bath: This is more of a simple bucket than a bath. Used in many maternity clinics in Europe, it keeps a baby upright. If your baby frets about bathing, this could help calm him/her. However, it would be more convenient for small babies.
- Inflatable Tub: A great choice in conserving space, it also works for trips. When not in use, it can be deflated and stored away. Inflated, it holds enough water for your baby to bathe and play in. But it is not as durable as most other tubs. This is because it easily punctures and cannot serve its purpose any longer.
- Hammock or Sling Tub: Comes in handy mostly for newborns. They can recline on the hammock while you wash their bodies. It leaves your two hands free to use, instead of having to support them. This is a present-day favorite of new parents.
- Cushion Tub: This is unique because it does not hold water on its own. It is used in your own tub to keep your baby safe and upright. Water soaks through it to get your baby, creating a special bath area for him/her. You and your baby can have your baths at the same time.
- Fold-Up Tub: It is different from the inflatable tub. It does not need air to stay upright but it can be collapsed and kept away. It is made of a more durable material and is great for travels. It is a good choice if you need space around your home.
Our Favorite Baby Bath Tub:
Our favorite baby bath tub is the First Years Sure Comfort Newborn to Toddler Tub. It is simple, cute and practical. It is roomy enough to take your baby and toys, with space for extra water. The material used is durable so it can last for many years to come. It transitions quite easily to accommodate your baby’s different stages of growth. This means that you do not have to keep changing tubs as your child grows. Above all else, it fits right into your budget.
This is a great choice of a baby bath tub. It has all the features you would need for a great bathing experience. We will only present the best to you and best believe that this tops the list. Buy one today and rest assured that your baby will thank you for it.